xxxvi

I let out another sigh as I quietly pushed the main door of our dormitory open. It's suspicious that the noises from the living room died down when I bid goodbye to Jeron. Well, I think I'm ready for whatever trouble would ensue once the girls are at it with their questions about today's events.

The sight that greeted me was what I expected. The bullies were seated on the sofa; they were all giving me the 'you better explain what happened' look. Carol was the first one to speak up with her arms were folded together. She's really vibing it huh.

"You met up with Thomas?" Carol asked.

I placed my bag on the empty sofa and plopped down. "Yes, I did. And it's not what you and the other people who saw the pic circulating on the internet think." I replied.

They were looking at me like they wanted me to tell them more. But I'm not yet in the mood to disclose everything Thomas and I talked about.

"Did everything turn out well after that meet-up? We don't want to be too nosy, but we just want to make sure that you're okay."

I know they're concerned about me given that not-so-good history I had with Thomas and I will always be grateful for their support. I understand where they're coming from since they saw how I was when things went bad between me and Thomas. And even though he and I are civil, what he did back then is still probably fresh in their minds.

I nodded as I took out the tumbler from my bag and drank some water. "It turned out better than I expected and I think things will get better in the future. So don't worry anymore, okay?"

I saw Kim nod while the rest of the girls said okay. Speaking of Kim...

I grabbed the sofa pillow next to me and threw it in Kim's direction which she failed to dodge. "Ano ba, Ara!" She complained when the food she was holding almost dropped on the floor.

I glared at her when I remembered her tweet. "Nakita ko reply mo dun sa isa sa mga nagretweet ng photo ha. Akala mo makakalusot ka, Kim!"

The confused look she had earlier on her face quickly dissolved after hearing my reply. "I was trying to help you kaya."

My brows furrowed at her answer. "How is tweeting a not so obvious blurry photo of Jeron helpful to the situation?"

She chuckled. "It added confusion to the fans. They're probably already coming up with different ideas in their mind after that tweet went trending. So I had to do that out of nowhere to stop them from their delusions."

Cienne groaned from Mika's side. "What you did added more fuel to the issue, Kimmy."

Kim snorted at Cienne's comment. "Tell that to Jeron who accidentally liked and disliked my reply."

"What?" This made the headache that was starting to build worse.

Carol then went closer to my seat and showed me the tweets of some fans with a screenshot showing that Jeron liked Kim's reply.

I rolled my eyes. "Well, nangyari na eh. The best way to handle this situation is for everyone to be silent. Mas madaling magdie down ang issue if wala nang further comments from the involved parties." I then got up from my seat and headed to my room to change.

But before I could get inside my room I heard Carol called my name. "Victonara! Napakahaba talaga ng buhok mo. Sana lahat may Jeron!"

"Ano?!" I asked back. I then checked my phone and saw the screenshot Carol sent to our group chat. It was a convo exchange between her and Jeron. Kulit talaga nila.

A smile rose to my lips as I entered my room.

-

It was the start of another day and I was on my way to my next class after I dropped by the cafeteria to buy food.