Chapter 17 : A Day Spent With A Prince!

After a long time of traveling, (Y/N) and the boys finally reached their next destination, Nagatari City. This city is one of the largest cities in the country, and one of the well-known cities too. The city is mostly inhabited by demi-humans (people who have animal-like features such as cat/fox ears and tails) who are currently living in the country.

"Eh? So people like that also exist in this world...?" (Y/N) accidentally mumbled out loud.

"Of course they do! What, were you born in another world or something?" Kouta joked, but (Y/N) flinched and began to chuckle nervously.

"W-What? Psh, no...that's ridiculous!! Haha..." (Y/N) stammered, scratching the back of her head. Haruto raised an eyebrow at this but decided to ignore his instincts for now.

(Y/N) cleared her throat. "A-Anyway, should we look for the nearest job center now? It'd be nice if we could do quests and-"

"Aw c'mon, everything's getting so boring lately." Kouta suddenly whined. "All we've been doing the whole time is travel, quest. Travel, quest. It keeps going on forever!" he complained.

"T-That's true..." Katsumi added. "I-I personally think that it would be nice to have a change of pace for a while..."

"We also have enough money to last us a few weeks. We've got to at least do something about them that doesn't involve buying food or common equipment." Riku added.

"Something challenging would be good." Shinobu said, looking at some demi-human children playing in the background.

Just then, an idea popped inside the blonde-haired prince's head. He then smirked mischievously and walked closer to (Y/N). "Well then, how about~..." he suddenly grabbed hold of (Y/N)'s hand.

"Let's see who can find me and (Y/N)-chan first~!" he said as he then playfully stuck his tongue out and made a peace sign with his free hand, and he and (Y/N) were surrounded by a veil of light. The other boys (excluding Shinobu) each had surprised expressions on their faces.

"E-Eh...!? Wait-" (Y/N) didn't get to finish her sentence when all of a sudden both she and Haruto disappeared.

The four boys were met with silence, still trying to process what had just happened. Then, Riku's fist clenched, a small vein popping out of his forehead. "Why that little...!" he growled through gritted teeth.

"Oh come on, we just got here and he's trying to get (Y/N) all to himself now!?" Kouta groaned with an exasperated expression on his face.

"C-Calm down, you two..." Katsumi tried to calm them, chuckling nervously and sweatdropping.

And before they knew it, Shinobu was running off northwards, not saying a word to them. "I'm gonna find (Y/N) first, I swear." he muttered to himself while sprinting.

"Oi, wait up! That's not fair, ya just got a head start!!!" Kouta exclaimed, dashing over to the same direction as Shinobu.

Riku let out a sigh. "Are we seriously gonna take this as a game...?" he look to his side and saw Katsumi trying to sneak away from him, but froze when he felt the golden orbs glaring at him.

"S-Sorry Rikkun, but..." Katsumi decided to run, too. "I-I want to be able to win this as well!" he (softly) called out and set his sights forwards as to not trip.

"Wha- Jeez, fine! Guess I'll join in on this stupid 'game', too..." Riku said as he began to jog towards the road located east.

______________________________

"...So, where are we exactly?" (Y/N) asked as she placed both of her hands on her hips. Haruto only gave her a cheeky smile, which she pouted at.