Chapter 2

Launchpad POV

,,I'm sorry." Ava put her hand on my shoulder. ,,If you don't have any family or friends here except me, maybe you'd like to stay here for a while?"

,,Sure." I said ,,Really, thank you."

,,No problem." She said modestly. It was more than that for me. She saved my life, deserves praise.

,,Not everyone would do that." I said ,,You're special, Ava."

,,Not everyone would teleport themselves into the future. You're special too, Launchpad." she laughed. We'd sit around talking, and I'd watch the colored lightning from time to time.

,,What happens if lightning strikes someone?" I asked suddenly.

,,Nobody really knows" she answered, shaking her arms ,,She hit a lady who is in the hospital. We don't know what's wrong with her. Everybody tries to avoid those lightning."

,,The hospitals work?" I was surprised.

,,They wanted to investigate what happened" she answered ,,And the lady's son works at the hospital."

,,If the lightning is very dangerous, it's...it's rather bad." I say.

,,Rather, yes." She was banging her head, and it reminded me of how the blue lightning hit me. I miraculously avoided lying in the hospital. ,,Launchpad?"

,,Yes?" I asked.

,,It will soon be time to sleep, but try to fall asleep despite all these unpleasant sounds, okay?" she answered.

,,I will try" I promised. 

Ava blew me something like a mattress, because she didn't have another bed. Then Ava went to the bathroom to wash and change. I was wearing my clothes, just dirty enough. When she came back, we said good night and tried to sleep. Ava, that didn't make it difficult. We don't know for how many days, Magica took over the world, probably Ava got used to it. I looked at her, she was clearly sleeping. I couldn't help but look out the window. What I saw...scared me. It was much worse. Lightning was shooting everywhere. The sky was no longer grey, but black. And in the distance, I could even see Magica levitating, she looked as if she was enjoying the view of empty streets and weather chaos. I had to make sure she didn't see me. Surely she would recognize me, and, let's be honest, no matter what year it is, Scrooge will always be Magic's worst enemy. I went back to my mattress. I broke my promise to Ava to see this nightmare. It...it was horrible. I tried to sleep, but it was really hard.

Mrs. Beakly

,,You sure you'll be comfortable sleeping with that leg?" asked Scrooge.

,,I'll be fine" I said. Scrooge's ointment has compensated for the pain a little, but not exactly. I remember the pirate's face. It was an ominous smile when he saw what he did. I really hoped he wouldn't come back. ,,Anyway, I have no choice."

Scrooge was banging his head. We had a small wooden cabin for the three of us. Donald slept on a hammock, Scrooge slept on something wooden, and I slept on something that looked like a bed. Donald fell asleep easily, this bastard, even in normal times, dreamed of rest. I have to admit, he deserved it. He worked hard to raise three children by himself. Scrooge was spinning around, but he couldn't get it right, because it was something he slept on that looked like hard planks. He got up, noting that I was watching him closely.

,,Don't tell Donald" he turned to me and then he took out of his backpack, one more hammock ,,I don't want to admit it."

,,Okay." I'm banging my head. I wonder what if they knew they'd get into a big fight in a few years. That's it! ,,Where's Della?"