19 • Realisation •

Start from the beginning

"Well it seems after all, I was the one who made you wet" Mia looks at me weirdly, wait that came totally wrong, kill me now.

Luckily she changed the subject.

"That was cheating you were supposed to use balloons not pipe" Mia was literally drenched from head to toe. And dare I say she looked hot, damn it not again.  

"No, it wasn't it was just to douse the opposite team in water and we did. Admit it Warren you lost" I smirked at her as she looked annoyed.

"No King you didn't, we still have Lillian who is still dry as summer" all the girls looked smug.

" Well, Joe and I also as you said and I quote 'dry as summer'. So, 1 against 2 I think you can do the math" well we did won after all.

"Okay, okay, we can clearly see Joe is dry. But what about you, you exactly aren't dry"she pointed out.

"It was before the game, it was your doing if you don't remember" I mean not even 1 balloon had touched me.

"How do we know that you weren't attacked afterwards?" is she serious right now.

From there we both began to state our claims, "Then why the hell did you throw the balloon at me earlier before the game began" All boys agreed with me.

" To get your bloody attention" She stated as if that was obvious.

"Then why didn't you call me out like a normal person" It was a full blown banter by now, ah reminds me of old times.

"Well I am not a normal person then, and this is your fault too who told you to be so lost in your world" She retalilated.

"Oh so that is my fault, well I wouldn't have been so lost if you hadn't been on.." I trail off as I sense what I was going to say.

Damn something is seriously going on with me.

"Okay how about this, you both cheated and you know that. But both of the teams have one standing member, we call this a tie?" Lillian interrupted us, well that seems fair enough.

"Okay,that is fine" I state.

"Okay I am fine too" Mia says.

"We didn't loose this time, that is good" Zeke cheered, happy enough that they didn't lost.

We looked upto see, all the girls celebrating doing their victory dance which was a cross between a seizure and break dance.

It was funny seeing Mia do a chicken dance, the grin on her face whilst she danced was making me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

It somehow reminded me of all the times we spend together, it was literally a flashbacks. Meeting the first time, fighting, challenging each other, getting back at each other, the party, our talks at her home, our reconciliation and many more.

Unknowingly it bought a smile on my face, just thinking about her and seeing her happy was enough to make me feel contented as if nothing else mattered in that moment.

It was then when it hit me, that in all these days Mia somehow made her way into my heart. I had began to like her.

"Holy shit" The realisation made all my thoughts clear about me acting weird around her. Me being protective of her when she got hurt, jealous about thinking her with someone else, noticing her little habits, everything.

Oh good Lord, that was a lot to process.

"What happened, what are you thinking" I was startled as she stood before me looking amused.

Suddenly it seemed that I couldn't talk any more, okay Aiden you can handle this. Talk like a normal person.

"About you" Shit, that was not what I thought.

"Huh sorry what?" She looked at me incredulously.

" I mean that was a good game, you are nice player" Seriously that was all you got, nice player. Idiot.

"Oh, oh thanks. You were great too" Thank God she bought it.

" Only the exception is that we are wet and-" She looked at me with a grin.

"Why are you looking at me like that? " I questioned her.

" Do you really think that I would come here start a water fight, without any backup." I looked at her confused.

"I got you covered, I know how you keep your backup suits so I asked Chris to lend me one. And well as for me I always carry clothes with me, as much as I am proud I knew some day I would loose so." Damn she really did think this through, she continues to amaze me.

"You could have asked me rather than Chris-" She interrupted me.

"And ruin the surprise, hell no" She exclaimed.

We changed and bid good byes to the kids, we were walking towards her car when an idea struck me.

"Thanks for today, it really helped me to get things off my mind" It sure did, but another bomb dropped on me.

" Well, when ever I am upset I come here. The kids always help to uplift my spirits. I figured they could help you too" She flashed me her smile.

"How do you do that? How do you know exactly what to say to make people understand" I was always fascinated with how her words gave me a new perspective to look at things.

"I don't know, I just say whatever is on my mind. What can I say I am natural" She gloated at the last, while I laughed.

"But honesty you are..." I pause while searching the right word to complement her.

"Phenomenal" She gives me her rare shy grin.

" You know what, let me treat you with dinner as a thankyou . You have helped me so much this is the least I could do" And if everything goes accordingly I would tell her how exactly I feel.

Oh shit, why am I panicking now. I shouldn't have done that before asking someone, fuck.

"Aiden, what I did was any good friend would do. But if it is going to make you feel better, I'll drop by" Did she think of me as a friend only, no don't go there.

She kept looking over her shoulder searching for someone while looking distressed.

" What happened you okay?" She looked disturbed.

"N-no I.. just." She contemplated, while I looked at her, worriedly fear filling in me.

" Mia, you can talk anything with me" I urged her.

"I think I saw someone looking at us. Probably my delusion, I need stop seeing mysteries. Ya, that must be it" She looked like assuring herself more than me.

"Are you sure, I could go check" Even if I was asking I know I would have someone check it, her safety was priority.

"No, Aiden it was nothing. Leave it, don't dwell over it" As much as I wanted too, but something in me told to go with her decision, respect her space.

"Okay as you wish" I hope I did the right thing.

I look at Mia who was singing terribly with the radio her eyes on road, I smile and think today was indeed beautifully insightful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 So Aiden finally realised, what do you think how Mia is going to react.

Please vote and comment.

Happy reading...