19 • Realisation •

Start from the beginning

"The kids adore her so much you know. She is one kindhearted and amazing woman, any man would be lucky to have here, don't you think?" she asked me in a teasing tone, which I had became all too familiar with.

Just thinking about Mia being with a guy, was making me feel like a punch to gut. The thought alone of seeing her with someone else was difficult to stomach and an unadulterated fury rose inside me.

"Yeah, any man would be lucky enough to have her" I admit bitterly. I can't even imagine someone else hands all over her, kissing her, whispering comforting words to her, making love to her. Thinking about it was enough to send me in a fit of rage towards a person I didn't know existed.

"You should tell her that you like her, before it is too late" Mrs John patted on my back and left, wait what I don't like her. She is wonderful friend, nothing else.

A cold sensation shot through me as I felt my clothes getting wet, what the hell.

"Come on loser, we are playing"I looked and saw Mia standing there with a stupid grin on her face while the other kids laughed. Oh she wants to play now, does she? This will be interesting.

"Are you sure you can handle having me against" I teased her, as she laughed sarcastically.

"Oh I think I will, seeing as the state you are in" the girls with her hooted.

"So boys vs girls again" a boy asked grinning.

"Oh yes, and you are going down just like last time" a girl in pigtails answered smugly as Mia looked proud of her.

"Well don't worry boys we are going to win, seeing as now you have me" the boys hollered, while the girls booed.

Mia stepped close to me, "Cocky much" she asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Very much" I step closer towards her and smirked as she flattered in her stance.

"Its not going to easy, I am the reigning champion" she boasted, oh someone is very competitive.

" Than I will be the one to take you down. " I threw right back at her.

"Guys hurdle, quick, quick." As I was quite tall for them I kneeled down, Mia and the girls were already discussing.

"Boys, you focus on taking down rest of the team. Leave Mia to me, I'll take care of her." They all nodded their heads determinately.

"Listen, last time we lost badly. This is our chance to prove ourselves. Its our job to get them, focus on that, if you get hurt walk it off. This the fight of our lives, whatever it takes" Zeke's determination could be seen with every word, man this people are competitive.

"You are pretty good at this" I complement him.

"I know right" Joe backs me up.

"Take cover, people.Run, Run" with that we all ran and hid.

From there it was all hell, screams all over the place, balloons thrown here and there kids getting wet.

I knew for one Mia would have taken a big cover, same as me due to the height.
I made sure that the boys got the other girls in this way Mia's place would be clear to me.

Fifteen minutes in, we already had taken 4 girls but also our 4 boys were down. I looked for something that is when I saw a garden pipe laying there. This would surely make us win, I smirked.

I carefully ducked down and took the pipe whilst searching for Mia, I told Zeke to switch on when I spotted her.

As soon as the water splashed upon her she let out a scream. And since the time set was up, everyone one came out.