Chapter 4

LIYANA POV

As I'm making my way to 5th period, I remember that I have this class with Dallas.

Just then i remember that I have to tutor Dallas today, but we never set up where it was going to be.

When I get to the class, I look around to see if I could spot him anywhere. I then spot him in the back of the class with his head down on his arms.

I make a beeline to him and pull the seat out next to him.

When I sit, I focus my attention on the side I his face.

Today he's wearing a dark grey long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up, which show his bulging muscles and veiny arms.

He's also wearing a pair a black pants with some VaporMax shoes to pull it all together.

I slowly let my gaze travel up on to see that his head is now turned to me.

"Is there something you need?" He asks gruffly.

My eyes widen from me being caught checking him out. I then remember that I needed to ask about the tutor whereabouts.

"Yes, where am I going to tutor you?" I question.

He rolls his eyes then turns his head around he opposite way before saying,"We could do this at your house".

"Ok sure, here" I say while taking my phone out and handing it out for him. "Put your number in my phone so we could contact each other".

He lifts his head up and grabs my phone, or should I say snatch.

He practically plucked my phone out of my hands like he was trying to avoid any sort of physical touch.

I squint my eyes irritatedly.

He puts in his number then hands it back,"There and don't call me for unnecessary shit", he says while putting his head back down on the table.

"Boy you ain't special" I retort back as I put my phone in my pocket and walk back to my original seat.

Once I get to my seat, the teacher walks in.
——————————————————————————

I get to the parking lot and wait for Dallas to walk out of entrance.

I wait for about 10 long ass minutes before he finally shows his face.

I am not a patient person when I am starving my ass off. "Would you mind walking faster, I got food that's calling my name!" I yell.

He rolls his eyes then continues to walk at the same pace.

I huff and get into my car.

He gets into the passenger and I turn to look at him incredulously.

"Why are you in my car?" I question.

He puts his seatbelt on and leans his seat back not answering my question.

"I don't have any transportation unless you were going to tutor me on the gravel" he says smartly.

I scoff then start the engine before heading to my house.
——————————————————————————

We pull up to my house and we get out.

"Mamaaaaa your favorite daughter is homeee!!" I shout.

"Mama don't like you!" Melody yells at me. I laugh.

Mom then comes out of the kitchen then gives me a hug. "Hey baby, how was scho- who is this young man? Is he one of ya lil friends?" She questions with a raised eyebrow.

I sigh. "No mama, I'm tutoring him, this is Dallas" I say as I introduce him.

He gives a quick nod with a stoic face.

"Uh huh" my mom says. "Well make yourself at home, food will be ready in a little bit" she says as she walks back to the kitchen.

"Let's go to my room" I say while making my way up the stairs.

He follows behind me pretty slowly while looking around at the pictures hanging in the hallway.

My room is pretty decent sized and I really don't have anything on my walls except for like picture two picture frames of my sister and mom.

Dallas looks around my room with calculating eyes until something catches his eye.

My necklace.

Dallas looks at the necklace and something flashes through his eyes. He turns to me and points to the necklace that's currently on the dresser. "Where did you get this from?" He says lowly.

I walk to the dresser and pick up the necklace.

I smile.

"I got it from a friend" I say as I reminisce.

He looks at me intently. I could've sworn I saw his eyes momentarily soften, but I could be seeing things.

I put the necklace down and head to my bag to take out my journal.

"Well let's get to this session" I say.
——————————————————————————

Heyyaaaaa, why is Dallas always so dark and mysterious!!!

Anywhooooo, how did y'all enjoy this chapter? Let me know☺️

Until next timeee!!
~midnightwinters