part 23. sharing the memories of the past.

Start from the beginning

Rias: if I had to guess then I think you were almost trying to kill me.

Kuroka: sorry. I'm not used to this new queen power yet.

Rias: we both know that it's not the reason.

Kuroka: sigh you're right. A part of me in still angry at you.

Rias: can't blame you for that...... The girls with the Excalibur and Durandal, their killing intent was strong, who are they?

Kuroka tells her their story. Rias was shedding tears now that she knows that those 2 were the only ones Issei had in his childhood and lost them again.

Rias: did Issei ever have a happy time in his childhood?

Kuroka: only when Irina and Xenovia were there even though it was brief, I saw his memories and it hurt to see him rarely smile.

Rias:....can you go ahead and read my memories? Maybe you can show him that I truly regret doing what I did to him and I wasn't lying about anything after he disappeared.

Kuroka: sure.

She calls for Issei and he shows up.

Kuroka: there's something Rias wants to show you.

Issei: what is it?

Kuroka places her palm on both their heads, they both see each other's memories.

Issei saw all of Rias's memories, all the shit she put him through, it made him angry, he then saw the moment he left through her eyes, her feelings, her nightmares and hallucinations that followed, her feelings for him, trying to remove the light spear with his bare chest and not letting Kuroka help. All of it was real. But the memories of her being so arrogant, foolish, abusive etc was obviously pissing him off and it was increasing as it went on. Her memories of getting cheated on and then trying to use him just because Riser was no longer good enough.

Rias was seeing and feeling everything he did from his parents being murdered, seeing their dead bodies, the smell of blood, the orphanage, father Freed attacking him, forced to live on the street in the cold and heat for years, being stabbed in the chest by Raynare. She felt her chest burn as if a 100 fires were lit. Seeing her abusive self through his eyes, his rage, the hopelessness, being used by just about everyone except for Grafia, Sirzechs, Sona and few others but still feeling alone, the release of all his pent up emotions, fighting Riser, feeling death approach after removing the pawn pieces, the pain from transforming into a dragon, going berserk with all the thoughts of death, destruction and other negative emotions. Being saved by Kuroka, being happy with her, having another light spear damage his heart, having a heart transplant, then finally reunited with Irina and Xenovia, met new people whom he almost calls family. He no longer even considers her as family but then again, could he ever call someone like her family? She was completely overwhelmed by it all then she saw him, Ddraig. She didn't just see him, she was literally in his presence and felt his clearly suppressed rage.

Ddraig: greetings Gremory, you saw it all didn't you?

Rias couldn't reply, she was out of her mind right now, she felt another source of anger.

Ddraig: that's Issei's rage, you can feel it right? like me he's suppressing it. Best to leave Gremory. I was polite enough to you at the hospital but my self control is running out.

She was forced out, Kuroka stopped what she was doing and both Issei and Rias backed away and opened their eyes. Issei let out an angry aura while Rias was on all fours trying to control her breathing, all that was way too much and it only lasted a minute or 2 yet it felt like a life time to her. She was crying once she caught her breath. Everyone saw Issei slowly releasing blood lust with a emotionally wrecked Rias on the ground. Kuroka gestured everyone to stay away.