-32- The White Lotus

Start from the beginning

Zuko looked up "No. It's like he just... disappeared."

Toph sat up, "Hey, wait a minute. Has anyone noticed that Momo is missing, too?"

"Oh no! I knew it was only a matter of time! Appa ate Momo!" Sokka jumped off Appa and opened the bison's mouth, "Momo, I'm coming for you, buddy!"

I glared at my friend, "Dude, Appa didn't eat Momo. Aang probably took him with him."

Sokka climbed into the bison's mouth, "That's just what Appa wants you to think."

Zuko sighed and placed his arm over my shoulder, "Get out of the bison's mouth, Sokka. We have a real problem here. Aang is nowhere to be found and the comet is only two days away."

Katara spoke as everyone looked at us, and by us I mean mostly Zuko, "What should we do Zuko?"

He stood, "I don't know," Everyone's gaze averted to just him, "Why are you all looking at me?"

"Well, you are kind of the expert on tracking Aang."

"Yeah, if anyone's got experience hunting the Avatar... it's you."

I burst into laughter, "They're not wrong buddy."

"And the reason you've brought us to a seedy Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?"

Zuko pointed to a really hot girl fighting in the bar, "June."

Sokka's face lit up in recollection, "Oh yeah, that weird bounty hunter with the giant mole."

Suki looked at her, "Mole? Her skin is flawless."

"No, she has this giant mole creature she rides around on."

"The shirshu. It's the only animal that can track Aang's scent anywhere in the world. It's the one shot we have of finding him."

I looked at Zuko, "Is this what you and Iroh did when I was healing from the entire... arrow in the leg thing?"

Katara's eyes widened, "Arrow in the leg!?"

I shrugged, "It happened when we saved Aang from Zhao's fortress. Could have been worse."

June threw a thug into a table, caught her drink, and took a long sip, "I don't know who this June lady is, but I like her."

Sokka began fussing at Zuko, "Hey, I remember her! She helped you attack us!"

"Yup," Zuko walked towards her, "Back in the good old days."

I really hope that was rhetorical.

June met our gaze, "Oh great. It's Prince Pouty. Where's your creepy grandpa?"

"He's my uncle. And he's not here."

June questured to Zuko and Katara, "I see you worked things out with your girlfriend."

"I'm throwing her off a cliff," I stepped forward, but Suki held me back.

The two protested in unison.

I looked back at Suki, who was still holding me back, "I'm ether throwing her, or throwing hands. You pick."

June jokingly raised her hands in surrender, "Okay, okay. Sheesh. I was only teasing. So what do you want?"

Zuko crossed his arms, "I need your help finding the Avatar."

"Hm. Doesn't sound too fun," She took a sip of her drink.

Zuko leaned closer, placing his fist on the table, "Does the end of the world sound like more fun?"