-32- The White Lotus

I had changed back into my outfit from before the play. I walked out of the house to find everyone else.

Sokka was sitting on Appa, "Okay, that's everything."

Toph stood up, "No, it's not. Where's Aang?"

I rubbed my arm, "I didn't see him in the house, but I wasn't really looking for him."

I followed the others back to the house.

"Aang? Aang!"

"Come on, lazy bones, let's go."

We split up to look for him. I found Aang's staff, then brought it to meet back up with the others.

I held out the stick, "He left the glider."

Sokka grabbed it from me, "That's so strange."

Zuko walked out of the house, Toph at his side, "Aang's not in the house. Let's check the beach."

"Look, there's his footprints," Sokka pointed out the footprints, we followed them to the ocean, "The trail ends here."

Suki placed her hand on her hip, "So, he went for a midnight swim and never came back?"

Katara looked out over the water, "Maybe he was captured."

Sokka examined the foot prints, "I don't think so. There's no sign of a struggle."

Toph sighed, "I bet he ran away again."

"Uh-uh. He left behind his glider and Appa."

"Then what do you think happened to him, oh sleuthy one?"

Sokka stiffened up, "It's pretty obvious. Aang mysteriously disappears before an important battle? He's definitely on a Spirit World journey."

Zuko pointed out the flaw in his logic, "But if he was, wouldn't his body still be here?"

"Oh, yeah. Forgot about that."

"Then he's got to be somewhere on Ember Island. Let's split up and look for him."

As soon as the words left Katara's mouth, Toph latched herself on me and Zuko, "I'm going with Zuko and (Y/N)!"

We all looked at her, "What!? Everyone else went on a life-changing field trip with the lovebirds. Now it's my turn."

I blushed, "Toph we aren't-"

She moved her head to 'look' me dead in the eye, "Don't lie to me Sparky."

We walked along the beach as Toph was telling us her life story.

"And then when I was nine, I ran away again."

"Uh-huh."

"I know I shouldn't complain. My parents gave me everything I ever asked for, but they never gave me the one thing I really wanted, their love. You know what I mean?"

Zuko stopped and turned to her, "Look, I know you had a really rough childhood, but we should really focus on finding Aang."

He then kept walking.

Toph lowered her head and sighed, "This is the worst field trip ever."

I went back over to her and placed my hand on her shoulder, "You and me can have a therapy session after we defeat the firelord okay?"

She smiled slightly, then we followed after Zuko.

Appa landed at the bottom of the stairs with Sokka in the saddle, the rest of us sat on the stairs, "Judging by the looks on your faces, I'm guessing you guys didn't find Aang, either."