Chapter 31: Bonnie and Clyde

We had brought a dvd and it turns out to be a pirate, Liam had brought it from a stall in town. He didn't know it was dodgy at the time, we went back to the stall and the same guy from the other day was there. He had mousy brown hair, his eyes were blue and he had light stubble on his jaw. He seemed a little older than Stevie, maybe twenty or twenty one? He wore a leather jacket and a t shirt and jeans.
Liam slammed the dvd on the table and said "These films are rubbish" and the guy looked at them and said "Yeah, I've seen them" and Liam replied "I mean they don't even work". The guy smirked "Must be your player" and Liam said "I know their pirates, their filmed in a cinema you can the back of people's heads" the guy chuckled and joked "It's the directors haircut".
"Your a funny guy" Liam said as they squared up to each other, "Your a funny kid" and then I said "We wouldn't want any broken bones would we? Look, all we came here for was twenty quid back for the dvd I'm not bothered if your scamming it's just I'd like to get on with my day and when people waste my time, I get violent" I threatened and they guy smirked "Your girlfriend is a little feisty isn't she?" He teased and Liam said "Don't push it mate, just give us the money and you'll forget you ever saw us" and another guy came out and said "Oi, we don't give refunds so push off" He pushed Liam back and I glared at them "Hey! You might not give refunds but I give a good right hook!" I threatened and then Liam pulled me back, "Come on clo, let's go they ain't worth it" I walked away glaring at them and then Liam turned back and kicked the stall down, "Liam! Run!" We ran away from the two guys chasing us and then Liam bumped into a woman, knocking her handbag on the floor.
"Thief! He's stealing my bag!" She shouted and Liam said "I'm sorry!" And tried to help her, I punched the guy in the leather jacket as he tried grabbing me and went over to Liam who was being grabbed by a guy.
"He never touched her bag! He was trying to help her! Let him go!" I shouted as I tried to get the man off him but he had knocked me on the floor. Eventually the guy let go, Liam helped me up.
I had grazed my elbow, "You okay clo?" The police came, they arrested us both and I tried saying "We didn't do anything wrong!" I gave up because I didn't want to make it worse.
We got to the station and they took our names, Mike came whilst we were being questioned. "What happened?!" Mike said as he sat down next to us, "We tried getting our money back and liam kicked down their stall because they threatened us, we ran away and then I punched one of the guys because he grabbed me  and then Liam tried to help this lady after he had bashed into her running and he tried help her get her stuff back in her bag but the silly cow made a fuss and tried to say Liam was stealing her bag" Mike stopped me when I said cow "Oi, language! And why on earth did you hit him Chloe?!" Mike couldn't believe what he was hearing and Liam smiled at me, as if to thank me. Then a police officer came out and said "We'd like to interview miss stone first" I got up and Mike followed me as he brought my file with him, no doubt that's another crime they'll add to it. We sat in the chairs and the officer sat in one opposite us, "Interview beginning at six thirty pm, D.C Cartwright, Chloe Demelza Stone and Mike Milligan" God I hated my middle name, I grimaced when she said it. "So miss stone, what exactly happened?" She asked and I sighed "Well there was a big song and dance, nothing major" I joked and Mike glared at me "Chloe! Is this really the best time for jokes?! Just tell them what you told me" I nodded and said "Me and Liam went back to the stall we brought the dvd from, at the time we didn't know if they were pirates and when we watched them at home you could see that it was filmed in a cinema, cut a long story short the two guys at the stall started getting cocky and refused to pay us back, we asked nicely and one of them pushed Liam so I got a little irate and told them to back off. We left but Liam had turned back and kicked the stall, we ran away from them and one of them tried to grab me so I punched him.
Liam had bumped into a lady whilst he was running and tried to help her get her stuff back in the bag, she tried saying he was stealing her bag and a guy grabbed Liam, by the time he let go you got there" I explained and she wrote some bits down and looked at my file "You've been nicked a few times, one for theft and assaulting a police officer, and you were reported to us by the head care worker at Burnywood because you had put a resident in hospital after a fight, but I can see you've got some anger issues which will explain why you were violent, I'm not going to charge you further I'm giving you a warning and we will be talking to Mr.O'Donavan apart from that you can go, interview concluded at six forty pm" I got up and went out the door, we waited for Liam as he was next to be interviewed.
They had let us both go but we had to go to court, they gave Liam a tag and I was stuck with a warning and curfew along with Liam but Mike issued that one for a punishment. The officer from the interview came round to activate the tag, she was wearing a suit and had her blonde hair tied up.
She was clearly stuck up, "Your now under curfew, and if you go past the perimeter surrounding the house the alarm will sound, break curfew three times and you'll be sent to a youth detention centre for the remainder of your sentence which is six weeks" Six weeks? Seemed so long but at least we could stick it out together, "Can't you make it a little later? Say, nine?" I asked and Mike shook his head, the officer pouted and Liam laughed a little. She left and then Liam said "We're gonna appeal this right?" And mike shook his head "I've tried everything, I'm afraid you will have to wait this one out" I rolled my eyes "He's innocent mike, I was there too you know"
I defended Liam and mike said "I can only go with what the witnesses and the woman said in court" I scoffed "You believe them over us? Really mike?" Liam shook his head "Don't bother Chloe, he don't believe me" Liam kicked the bin and stormed out of the office, I gave mike a dirty look and went after him. "Liam, wait" I called after him and he turned to face me, I held his wrists and I could feel his blood boil. "It's six weeks, I'm sitting it out too and I'm sorry I didn't help by punching the guy and making jokes but it doesn't matter what they say, I know your innocent" I held his face with my hands and he smiled "I'm glad I've got you, and your right it doesn't matter what they say, at least your on my side eh?" I nodded and hugged him.
Elektra came strolling over and I rolled my eyes, "You owe me a tenner" she said pointing at Liam, "They were pirates Elektra, he got ripped off" I said and she scoffed "Yeah with my money!" Liam snapped "Well you better go and get it back because I'm tagged!"
Elektra stormed off and we went into the living room and Sapphire was there, "Well, if it isn't Bonnie and Clyde?" She joked and I laughed and Liam said "Come to have a laugh have we?" I hugged Sapphire and she said "I've come to give you two my support, nah I've come to see the tag, show me!" Liam pulled up the bottom of his jeans and Sapphire chuckled "It's so you!" She said sarcastically and I cut in, "it brings out his eyes!" I said in fake awe and liam laughed "Why don't you try it on clo, it would look so much better on you, it will definitely bring out those beautiful blue eyes!" I gently pushed him away and Johnny said "That is so cool!" Johnny said amazed by Liam's tag, "It's not something to be proud of Johnny" Carmen interjected and I rolled my eyes, "I know but it's the first one in the dumping ground" Johnny continued, I said "It's a shame we can't keep it as a trophy eh?" Liam laughed and Tee put the mood down when she said "Well, that's just it people think we're all criminals" Liam got offended and said "Thanks Tee" he got up and walked out, i huffed "Well done Tee!" I went after him and I heard her call "I didn't mean Liam!" I followed Liam outside and I caught up with him, "Lee!" I called, I stopped him by pulling him back. "Tee's right, we are all criminals and it just proves what we are all expected to be, criminals and no good!" Liam exclaimed and I said "Liam, tee didn't mean it people say stuff that doesn't mean a thing, I'm an ex gang member Liam so your not the only one and besides all the stereotypes we are what we are for a reason don't listen to people liam, listen to you and obviously listen to me" He hugged me and sighed.
"What would I do without you eh?" I chuckled "You'd be lost" then I heard Mike shout "Liam! Chloe!" Almost everyone came out, including Sapphire. "Your tag alarm went off!" Mike said breathlessly and Tracy added "We thought you two did a runner!" Then Liam rolled his eyes and scoffed "I wish we did!, I can't even have a private conversation with my girlfriend anymore!" He kicked his football over the wall, "Shall I go and get it? Wait, I must just set off my tag alarm might I?" I huffed as I went after him again, I looked at mike and I said "Why don't you believe him?! Now I've got to do damage control again!" I walked past him and went after Liam.

Is this what I'm in for the next six weeks? Playing referee? I went upstairs and liam was in his room, "Hey" I said as I sat on his bed with him, "Why can't mike see I'm innocent? You've told him, you told the court yet that's still not enough, we're stuck here because of some stupid dvds that were dodgy!" I rubbed his back and I said "Mike does believe you, I can see it but I guess he's conflicted" I didn't even know what else to say, I just held him in my arms and he got up, looking for something on the top of his wardrobe.
"Have you seen my MP3 player clo?" He asked as he went through his drawers, I shrugged "I don't know, where did you have it last?" Then mike came in with Tracy, "Come to grill us some more?" I said sarcastically and mike said "No, I'm here to talk to Liam".
I folded my arms and let mike talk "I'm on your side Liam" Liam ignored him and carried on looking for his MP3 player, Tracy looked at me to get me to say something and I shrugged. "Just look me in the eye and tell me you were telling the truth in court" Liam looked in his eyes and said "You haven't seen my MP3 player have ya?" Mike huffed "Now we know" I smirked as he left, shaking my head as I did. Tracy said "Why didn't you just tell him what he wanted to know?" Then Liam said "Why did he have to ask?" Tracy left and Carmen and Tee came in with a box of art stuff, I raised my eyebrow and said "You come to fix something?" Carmen laughed and Tee asked "What's your favourite colour Liam?" I didn't know myself he never told me, "Why?" Liam replied and Tee said "I wanted to pimp your tag" I looked at her and said "Pimp?" I chuckled, at least she was trying to make up for what she said and Liam said "Look girls, it's fine and I know you didn't mean me earlier but I'm busy" I smiled at them as they left, "Still can't find it?" And he shook his head and left the room. I didn't bother going after him, I guess he needed to be left alone.
I noticed the letter that came the other day on his bed side desk, he hadn't opened it. I put it in my pocket in my denim jacket and went downstairs, I looked around the living room and Liam wasn't there. I saw Tyler on his own playing pool, "Tyler? Have you seen liam?" He shrugged and then I heard his voice coming from the basement, I went into the basement and Frank was there with him.
He was trying to get the tag off with a screwdriver, I just heard some of the conversation. "What about the police?" Frank said and Liam replied "I'll be gone by the time they get here" Excuse me?! What about me?!.
"Where are you going to stay?" Frank asked and Liam huffed "I'll have to get a job or something" I can't believe he never mentioned me and then Frank asked that question for me, "What about Chloe?" And I came in and said "Yeah, what about me?" I folded my arms and Liam said "I'm not dragging you into it clo" I threw my head back and laughed "So that's it? Your giving up? And leaving me to pick up the pieces, unbelievable" I left the room and Liam tried calling after me "Chloe!, wait" I slammed the door and threw the letter on the floor as I went into the garden, i kicked the bin over and slammed my back against the wall as I slid down and I began to cry. I could feel the anger and sadness pour out of me as I cried, how could he even say that? Did it even cross his mind?. Liam found me and I said "Come to tell me you didn't mean it? That I was involved in your grand escape" he slightly laughed, "Chloe, I don't know what I was thinking but just know I'd never leave you behind, I just don't want that for you a life on the run I know Sapphire called us Bonnie and Clyde but I don't want you to ruin your life for me. You've done enough for me" Liam sat beside me and pulled me into a hug, "I'm sorry for going off on one, I guess I was scared for you" Tracy came out and she had the letter in her hand, she said "This was on the floor" She handed Liam the letter and he opened it. I looked at it with him, it turned out to be a letter from his supposed older brother. Liam shook his head and gave Tracy the letter back, "It's a scam" Tracy looked at it "It doesn't look like a scam to me" I wasn't sure myself, I didn't recognise the handwriting.
Straight away Liam assumed it was Elektra, "It's probably Elektra trying to be funny"
I said, "It's definitely not her Liam, it's not her handwriting. What if it's legit?" Liam still didn't seem to buy it, then Tracy said "This could change every thing you could have a brother!" Tracy announced it like it was a miracle and Liam mirrored the exact same expression and reaction I had when I found out about Roxanne, so I sort of knew how he was feeling. "It's a scam, I don't have family" Liam denied it and I said "That's exactly what I said liam, and look what happened but I'm not saying you should make a decision now but if this Jack does exist then you should give him a chance" I rubbed the back of his head and Tracy agreed "Chloe's right, but I still have to show mike and if it's fake then I'll make sure whoever did it is punished" Tracy left.
The day progressed and Liam was still sure it was a scam, I didn't bother trying to convince him otherwise. I didn't want to argue with him, we both fell asleep the way we usually do but I couldn't help but sense something was wrong with Liam. I didn't hear him sing and he didn't play with my hair, I thought nothing else of it and just fell asleep in his arms.