8. meeting Pepper potts

Start from the beginning

"All I did was give you a bit of advice, it was nothing." She smiles and shakes her head.

"You're too modest for your own good, you know that?" I sheepishly rub the back of my head, and chuckle awkwardly.

"So I'm guessing you're Peter then?" I turn around, and am met with the Pepper Potts smiling at me.

"I- Wh- h-hi Ms. Potts." I stutter.

"I've been hearing a lot of good things about you from some of the higher ups. It's an honor to finally meet you." She says, holding out her hand. I blink in surprise as the coffee pot beeps.

"N-No, the honor is all mine!" I say, shaking her hand. Pepper smiles wider.

"Are you busy?" She asks. My brain barely registers her words as I shake my head.

"Great, come with me." I follow her out of the staff room and into the elevator, completely forgetting about my coffee.

"Friday, can you take us to floor 57?"

"Of course Ms. Potts." I hear the irish accent of the towers AI say. As we start going up, I have to tap my hand against my side to keep myself awake as my vision gets more and more blurry.

"Um, I don't mean to seem rude, but where are we going?" I ask nervously.

"I was hoping to give you a paying job on one of the higher floors, if you don't mind."

"A-A job? But I'm only in highschool." I say, barely believing what I'm hearing.

"With your talents, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine." She replies, smiling fondly. When the elevator dings open I stumble out, almost tripping over myself.

"You ok?" Pepper asks after watching almost fall.

"Yeah, just tired is all." She doesn't seem convinced, but drops the subject anyway.

"So, how did you get an internship here anyway?" She asks.

"During a schience fair my school holds every year, there were from some judges from SI 'looking for future potential' or something. Next thing I know, I'm getting called into the principal's office because they gave me an internship." Every word that came out of my mouth seemed to add to my splitting headache, but I ignored it.

"Huh. What school do you go to?"

"Midtown."

"Smart school. I'm not surprised." Pepper praises. She continues talking as we turn around a corner, but all I could hear was a loud ringing in my ears. It wasn't lon until I had to stop walking and put my hand against the wall to stop myself from falling over.

I blink repeatedly, hoping that it would somehow make my vision stop spinning. Between my headach and my lightheadedness, I couldn't think straight enough to tell when I'd fallen over. By the time I did,

My vision had already faded to black.

This one is his current suit

This is the one he's designing

Sorry for the short chapter, the next one wil be longer, I promise

/:

985 words