4. you got damn fine abs

Hi! Sorry for not posting lately, I've been busy on another book in drafts. Also, my sister has a marvel fanfic as well. Her username is Sleeptightmuthafucka , so, yeah. I'll try and update this book more!

~||Peter's pov (Again! Surprise!)||~

"Peter? Do you think you can help me on this? I can't seem to figure out the last part." An intern said, handing me a file.

"No problem!" I took the file and opened it on my desk, looking through the last few pages. Something didn't add up, so I read it from the beginning. Sure enough there was a small error on one of the charts.

"Um, these need to be switched. I think you got them mixed up." I said, pointing to where he went wrong. The intern facepalmed and thanked me, before running off to his floor. I turned back around and continued working on trying my webshooters. At like three in the morning last night, I had the idea to send electricity through my webs to paralize an opponent.

"Hey pete?" I heard Issac say from my doorway. I covered up my webshooters with some papers, and swiveled around in my chair.

"Can you fix something for me? I broke the part you made yesterday, and forgot how you made it." He said, scratching the back of his head.

"Sure!" I said cheerily. When I got out of my chair, I accidentaly reopened a stab wound I had gotten this morning. After a sharp intake of breath through my teeth, I glanced down at my injured abdomen. The wound bleeding through the bandages and staining the side of my science shirt and the sweater tied around my waist red.

"Peter!" Isaac yelled rushing over to my side, just as I collapsed.

"I'm fine, it'll heal." I said, trying to make my way back to my desk. I probably looked pretty pathetic crawling on the ground.

"Wha- No! You're bleeding! Bad! We need to go to the med bay!" Before I could protest, he grabbed my arm and put it around his shoulder for support, before we walked out of my office cube. While Isaac was panicking and muttering words of comfort I didn't need under his breath, I was boredly thinking about what I should order for lunch.

My calmness went away when I noticed people were staring as we walked by, my anxiety kicking in in it's place. Injuries weren't too uncommon here, as we were aloud to work on our own projects and tinker with stuff so there were bound to be some drawbacks, hence the idea for a med bay on every floor that had workers or interns.

"Isaac calm down. Just breath ok?" I said. His ragged and uneven breaths slowed down. I almost laughed at the fact that I was the one calming him down, while I was bleeding out so bad there was a trail of blood behind us. When we got to the mad bay, a worried looking nurse quickly led us inside, and helped me lay down on a medical bed.

I took off my blood soaked shirt and sweater, revealing the stab wound, as well as my scars and abs that both Isaac and the nurse stared at for a few seconds. I was slightly dizzy from the blood loss, and was hoping they wouldn't take blood samples or something. That would be bad.

"I'm going to need to stitch it up, so I'm going to put you unconcious, ok?" The nurse said.

"No! Um, I mean, I'd rather be awake. I'll be able to take the pain." She was reluctant, but complied. First, she cleaned and disinfected my wounds, and then started to stitch them up. I winced in pain, but it wasn't too bad. I'd deffinitely had worse. She sighed, and sat in a chair beside the bed when she finished.

"Now, can you tell me how you got this? It clearly isn't a work accident. It looks more like a stab wound, and a deep one a that. You're lucky it didn't hit anything vital." She said.

"What?!" Isaac said, whipping his head away from the nurse to me.

"It was a mugging?" I returned. It honestly sounded more like a question. They both gave me disbilieving looks.

"Then all of those were muggings too? Because they sure as hell aren't lab injuries." She said, looking worriedly at the multiple scars of all sizes across my bare chest.

"W-Well- Um- I can't really answer that." I said. I had never been good at lying, but It's not like I could tell them the truth either. They didn't question me on it anymore, but I could see them glancing at the larger scars. The ones that brought me back horrible memories to look at. Ones that I really didn't want to think about.

"Hey pete?" Isaac asked. I hummed in response, not trusting myself to speak.

"You got damn fine abs." He said nodding with his hand on his chin. I started to laugh, but that led to coughing. Apparently I found that funny, so I wound up in a cycle of wheezing, choking and giggling. I probably looked insane. Meh.

"Thank you, Ms..." I said trailing off.

"Oh! My name's Evelyn, and it's no problem." She said with a small smile.

~||Evelyn's pov||~

"My name's Peter! Also, um, could you not put this in the records? Please?" Peter said. I almost squealed at how cute he looked. I could compare him to a begging puppy, but a million times more adorable. There's no way I could say no.

"S-Sure." I said trying to stay stoic on the outside, while on the inside I was gushing at his cuteness.

-[] Peter's pov []-

Once the nurse said that my time in the med bay wouldn't be recorded, I swung my legs over the side of the bed to get up, sending a sharp stab of pain to my abdomen.

"Ow." I groaned out, clutching my side. The nurse dropped the tool she was cleaning and rushed back over to me.

"Peter! you could die if you lose any more blood, stay in bed!" She says.

"Bold of you to assume I want to live." I retorted through my gritted teeth. Ignoring her advice, I put on my slightly stained sweater and grabbed my shirt, heading for the door.

"Karen, can you delete the footage?" I whispered. My AI is downloaded into my suit, but I also have her connected to an ear piece I finished yesterday.

"Already did Peter." She replies. I turn around to nurse rushing to treat a patient in pretty bad condition that just walked in, and Isaac coming up beside me. Just like when we came in, he put my arm around his shoulder for support.

"Thanks." I said. He nodded in response, sending me a worried glance. I tried to go in the direction of my office, but Isaac started to go towards the elevator.

\^/ Isaac's pov \^/

"Oh no, you are not going back to work after this. You will be going home." I said firmly. He looked up to meet his eyes.

"Please?" Peter said quietly, a hint of sadness in his voice. He was so adorable, but I didn't want to have his death on my conscious.

"N-No." I said, trying sound athoritive.

"I promise I'll be careful." He whispered. I would probably cry if I refused him again.

"...Fine." I said.

"Thank youuu!" He said brightly. I had to shield my eyes, otherwise I would've gone blind. Once we got to his office, I gently placed him his swivel chair.

"If you need anything, or if it starts bleeding again, come get me." I said. He nodded, so I walked out and went to do my work.

HIEEE! Hope you liked the filler chapter! Oh, What's that? You didn't? No surprise. I'll probably post tomorrow too, so your welcome for updating this trash. :3

1330 words.