"The swordfish goes to Kevin, who caught it and therefore has a connection to it." Ji declared, handing the blue disk to a beaming Kevin. The blue ranger looked like he had just been told he had won the lottery, a wide smile on his face as he nodded confidently and inspected the swordfish disk with pride in his eyes.

"We decided that the beetle-" Ji started, and Jayden finished for his mentor. The two were playing off of each other's statements like it was a ping-pong match. It was somewhat amusing. Mike was now on high alert, staring at the orange disk in Jayden's hands with anticipation in his eyes.

"Should go to Mia." Jayden finished, handing the disk to the pink ranger. If Brooke had to pick a moment where shit hit the fan, it would be now. Mike had instantly deflated, and Brooke subconsciously tensed, feeling her claws grow in.

Mia's eyes widened. "Me?" She echoed, taking the orange disk out of Jayden's hand, looking almost like a deer in headlights as she looked at Ji.

Ji nodded. "We trust your control and your symbol power the most, and we know you'll do the difficult work that's needed to master this disk." He explained, and Mia stared down at the orange disk in her hands.

Brooke perked when she felt the energy in the room shift, her and Emily sharing a worried look when Mike cracked his knuckles. The green ranger looked about ready to hit something, and the expression caused fear to rise in Brooke's chest- she knew that expression all too well, it was one James had worn quite often. However, the silver ranger pushed that fear aside. It wasn't James, it was Mike, and Brooke knew that no matter how pissed Mike was, he wouldn't sock a fellow ranger in the face. James was long gone.

Jayden's voice snapped Brooke out of her thoughts. "We're counting on you, Mia." The red ranger urged, and the pink nodded, confidence shining in her eyes.

"Thank you," Mia said sweetly, looking at Jayden and Ji with an expression that was a mix of joy and pride. "I won't let you guys down." She promised, and Brooke caught the bitter expression on Mike's face.

Let the games of jealousy commence.

--

Lunch rolled around, and the rest of the team heard Mike training as they ate. Well, Brooke walked into the kitchen late, giving Jayden a frazzled sort of smile as she went to go stand next to him. Brooke had forgotten from when she took Latin in school- that translating was a bitch. Even with google translate, the silver ranger wanted to throw the archive across the room in frustration.

"Everything alright?" Jayden asked quietly, his voice full of concern as he inspected the silver ranger. Brooke was stressed, shown by the tension she held in her body. Truthfully, she wished she could take another nap in Jayden's arms because that was the best nap she's had in a while.

Brooke didn't voice that wish, her gaze flickering to Jayden, grey eyes meeting blue. "Just a little stressed out, nothing new," She answered, and when Jayden looked almost guilty, Brooke backpedaled. "It's not because of the disk- don't worry. My damn family just doesn't make it easy for me to get the information I need. I fucking hate Latin, and that's what the archives are written in, which is frustrating. You're all good in my book, so relax, yeah?" Brooke nudged Jayden's shoulder with her own, Jayden rolling his eyes with a ghost of a smile on his lips, the pair walking towards the counter to go serve themselves some sushi.

The playful mood dropped when the team heard Mike let out another yell. "I wonder what's up with Mike? I've never seen him train that hard." Kevin wondered, and Brooke and Jayden shared a look of "here we go", the silver and red rangers staying mostly quiet.