part 22. well deserved laughs.

Start from the beginning

Vali: sparring huh? Sounds fair.

Everyone's thoughts: battle maniac

Issei and Vali face each other and show their wings at the same time. Issei's sclera turns black, eyes glow green, his horns released a focused flame and his 12 black wings with a red center on each feather. Vali's appearance doesn't change but 10 devil wings caught half of everyone's attention while the other half on Issei.

Vali: I think it's time, my full name is Vali Lucifer. A descendant of the original Lucifer.

Issei: you hid your last name from everyone and for a good reason I'm sure so I won't pry.

Vali: thank you now will you honour your agreement?

Issei: yeah Vali.

Kuroka: ahem ahem. Why should you two show off when I can too.

Issei: of course.

Kuroka takes the spot light when she spreads her 8 wings with slow flames of red and gold. She open her eyes and the beauty captured everyone's attention, even Ophis gasped. Issei once again couldn't contain himself and straight up kissed her after she powered down. All the girls blushed at the sight. Both broke off their kiss after they saw everyone staring at them.

Bikou: please don't stop on our account. It was getting good OUCH.

Irina hit him on the head.

Irina: zip it.

Arthur: Issei you really do love her.

Issei: love? What we have is greater than some human word.

Kuroka: a flirt even in the presence of other.

Issei: you know I have nothing to hide.

Kuroka: I just love being your queen.

La Fay: geez get a room you two.

Kuroka: then you'll have to wait for at least an hour if you know what I mean.

Kuroka winks and everyone goes red yet again.

Issei: alright Kuroka you tortured them enough. There are 8 bedrooms here, Kuroka and I are of occupying one of them, feel free to choose your rooms.

Irina and Xenovia share a room. Ophis and La Fey share one. The guys sleep in separate rooms obviously. The next day everyone was having breakfast except for Issei and Kuroka.
They began to wonder whey they weren't awake yet.

Vali: I'll go check on them.

The instant Vali stood up from the table Issei appeared from behind and was carrying Kuroka on his back.

Vali: Kuroka are you feeling alright? Issei what did you do to her?

Kuroka: better question, what hasn't he done to me in bed? Hahaha I can't feel my legs. Ha

Cao Cao: it's 8 in the morning guys come on.

The 2 looked at each other then back to them.

Issei and Kuroka: we're not sorry.

As the 2 enjoy coffee and breakfast with everyone, they share stories and their experiences like they were family. At some point Ophis sat on Issei's lap and ate sweets. Eventually the time came and they all had to see the 3 devil kings and the governor general of the fallen Azazel.

They teleported and entered Sirzechs's office and started talking about an alliance. They all came to an agreement without any issues thankfully. Vali being a Lucifer was a shock but good one.

Serafall: I'm glad all went well and so I have a suggestion, there will be a party to celebrate Sairorg Bael's promotion to high class devil and the start of the rating game.

Issei: he's finally a king huh. I suppose it was a matter of time.

Azazel: a cousin to the Gremory clan without any special powers becoming king.

Kuroka: quite a rare feat.

Sirzechs: in deed. Even Lord Odin is coming to congratulate him personally. Sairorg's personality is the type that earns him respect and admiration from everyone.

Issei: I know that from personal experience, he and I are similar, I didn't have any special powers either but he was kind to me as a fellow devil. He earned my respect right there and then.

Xenovia: what's a rating game?

Ajuka: a tournament, teams fight to win to put it simply. You can all join but there is an issue. Irina, Xenovia and Arthur, you 3 wield holy swords but you are still human and thus limited in the fight. Forgive me if I upset you but I don't want anyone to take any risk that they shouldn't.

Cao Cao: I'm also human and so is la Fey.

Ajuka: true but you have the true longinus and it's the most powerful sacred gear there is. One cut from that and no devil will survive and la Fey can perform a great variety of magic and her magic reserves are equal to a high class devil. She has a chance to fight and survive.

Irina: can only devils join or can fallen angels join too?

Grafia: it's an open tournament, you make a name for yourselves as you win, all you need to do is register as a king or any other piece in a team, you can join them by registering, you don't have to become a devil or a fallen.

Irina: in that case Issei I want to join your peerage.

Xenovia: Same.

La Fey: can i?

Issei: guys let's talk about this.

Sirzechs: you have a month until the rating game. Enough time to train.

Vali: I love a good fight. Who are participating?

Serafall: Bael, Phoenix, my sister sona, Rias and you guys so far. The Norse might join next time because they want to see how it works now since the great was has ended.

Issei: but Rias doesn't have a full peerage yet.

Sirzechs: yeah about that... Hehe

Issei: oh boy here it comes.

Sirzechs: Rias asked me to talk to you about that, she's asking you if you would be willing to team up with her.

Issei:....

Sirzechs: I know you haven't forgiven her but please Issei I only ask you to try.

Issei:...... What do you guys say?

Most hesitated to answer.

Kuroka: I say we should talk to them about it. We don't have a full peerage either so teaming up might work.

Issei: why can't I say no to you?

Kuroka: cause you love me too much.

Issei: too true.

Everyone: ahem

Both: sorry.

Cao Cao: we will also know just how strong they are.

Arthur: this would be a good chance to test our strength.

Sirzechs: also Issei we found what Shalba was up to, he really was trying to enhance devils to the point where they weren't devils but super devils.

Issei: I don't like the sound of that.

Sirzechs: super devils are what we are at our current power level. That's one of the reasons why we were selected to lead the devils.

Kuroka: I'm glad you guys did. The people love you.

Ajuka: you're too kind.

Vali: alright so how about we go home and decide on who registers as which piece. We need to become a full team.

Everyone: right.