Chapter 2

LIYANA POV

"What type of fuckery-" I mutter as the teacher hands out a surprise pop quiz.

Who gives students a quiz on the first day back to school?!  Ms. Tibothe that's who. She better be lucky I understand all of this or I would fail.

I zoom through the test and walk in the front to hand it in. Ms. Tibothe looks up from her paper work with a surprised look.

"I finished" I say nonchalantly as I set the test down on her desk. I then head back to my seat and take out my phone.

I then notice that the whole class is looking at me with a stunned expression.

I'm not surprised. I'm the smartest person in my grade level right now from what I was told by the principal.

I go back to my phone and stick my earbuds in as I listen to music.
——————————————————————————

I walk in the hallways while jamming to some Pop Smoke while everybody is in class.

I have 2 free periods so I have nothing to do then walk around and bother some of my teachers.

As I'm doing some turns and shaking what my nana gave me in the hallway, I bump into something.

"Shit" I mumble as I take out my headphones.

I look up and see that I bumped into none other then Dallas.

He's looking intensely into my eyes and it's kind of scary.

"Um may I help you sir?? You kind of ruined my dancing session!" I say.

He then clenches his sharp jaw and squints his eyes into a threatening glare that is able to pierce through anybody's soul.

I'm glad that I don't have one because it doesn't work on me.

"Watch where you're going" his deep velvety voice says through clenched teeth before walking past me while bumping my shoulder.

I whip my head around and watch as he walks away.

I then continue to look around and look in my pockets because I'm trying to find out who the fuck he thought he was catching an attitude with.

"I know he wasn't talking to me" I mumble as I walk to the library while putting my earbuds back in.
——————————————————————————

It's been 3 weeks since my encounter with Dallas and I've been getting nothing but stares from him ever since.

Im heading to lunch and pick a table towards the back as I wait for my friends to show.

Dallas then walks in the cafeteria with his hands in his pockets.

Everybody quiets down momentarily then starts whispering.

He seems to be looking around, most likely looking for somewhere to sit.

I avert my eyes as Milo and Devin head my way.

I wave at them with a kool aid smile.

"Heyy hoess!" I yell. "Hey Liya" Devin says while cheesing, while Milo says grumpily, "hi".

I give a confused look then turn to look at Devin. She raises her shoulders and says she doesn't know.

I look back at Milo only to see him sprawled our on the table moping.

"Why can't she just know how much my heart pounds when I'm around her!!" His voice comes out muffled.

Me and Dev roll our eyes as we know he's talking about his lifetime crush on Naya Michaels.

As I'm about to respond, the sound of a chair catches my attention.

I look in the direction of the noise only to see Dallas making his way, with a chair being pulled along with him, to our table while making eye contact with me.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as he pulls the chair next to me and sits down.

That's just trifling.

"May I help you?" I question.

"You are my tutor from now on" he says lowly while leaning back in his chair.

"Would you mind running that by me again?" I say in shock.
——————————————————————————

Hiyaaaa Fammm, I'm going to try to make these chapters long☺️

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, don't be shy, read some more🤭
~midnightwinters