𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER ONE:SCHOOL'S OUT!

CHAPTER ONE:
SCHOOL'S OUT!

ATHENA ELLISON SAT IN the classroom with a bored look on her face. There was only five minutes left before school ended for the year and Athena would officially become an 8th grader. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail with loose strands that shaped her face. Her teacher went on an on about something Athena didn't care to listen to. When the shrill of the bell yelled out, everyone quickly scrambled out of the classroom. Athena walked to her locker, lagging behind so as to avoid getting pushed and shoved as much as possible.

She made it to her locker and stuffed everything into her bag before making her way towards the bathroom where she knew Beverly would most likely be. Athena walked in just as trash was poured on someone that was in one of the stalls.

"Still picking on people because you think you're queen bee?" Athena asked, her arms crossed over her chest as she cocked her head to the side. Greta turned to face the girl and narrowed her eyes at Athena.

"Still desperate for someone to show you attention that you walk around with the town's slut?" Greta retorted.

Athena put a hand up to her chest in mock offense. "Ouch. That hurt. Sweetheart, you're just jealous that Henry Bowers would sleep with every girl in the school that isn't you. Now please, if you would so kindly leave before I punch you square in the face for throwing trash on my best friend."

Greta stared at Athena with a dangerous glare, but Athena only gave Greta a sweet smile. Great muttered incoherent things under her breath before quickly walking out of the bathroom, shoving Athena's shoulder in the process.

"You didn't have to do that you know." Beverly spoke as she walked out of the stall. Athena offered the redhead her infamous kind and caring smile that everyone in the town loved before shrugging her shoulders.

"I hate that bitch anyways."

Beverly let out an amused laugh as she walked up to Athena, hooking her arm into her best friend before they walked out of the school, going out of the back door instead of the front. The two girls stopped on the second step when they saw a boy standing in front of the steps, headphones on his head as he listened to music. An annoyed sigh fell from Beverly's lips as Athena just patiently waited for the boy to notice them.

"You gonna let us go by? Or is there a secret password or something?" Beverly asked, tired of standing there. The boy jumped in surprise as he turned to face the two girls, his cheeks quickly flushing in embarrassment.

"Oh, uhm, sorry." He quickly said before trying to move, only for his project to fall apart and his bike to fall over.

"Sorry's not a. . ." Beverly trailed off as she watched the boy fumble around.

"Password." Athena finished, a slight frown on her face.

Athena and Beverly exchanged looks before looking at the new kid once more. "Henry and his goons are over by the West entrance. So you should be fine." Beverly informed him.

"Oh, I wasn't. . ."

"Everyone knows he's looking for you." Athena interrupted him.

Beverly removed her arm from Athena's as she leaned over and removed the headphones from the boy's head. "What you listening to?" She listened in and Athena leaned in to hear as well, a smirk coming over both of their features.

"New Kids on the Block." Athena mused.

"I don't even like them." He quickly denied. "I just. . ."

"Wait. You're the new kid, right? I get it." Beverly said with an amused smile.

"There's nothing to get." He mumbled.

"I'm just messing with you." Beverly laughed. "I'm Beverly Marsh. This is Athena Ellison."

"Yeah, I know that. We're all in the same class. Social Studies. And you were. . . I'm Ben." The boy, Ben, introduced. "But pretty much everybody calls me-"

"The new kid." Beverly interrupted.

"Well, Ben," Athena's voice grabbed his attention, completely forgetting for a moment that the blonde was even there, "there are worse things to be called."

"Let me sign this." Beverly said, quickly taking the yearbook from his backpack. She opened it and shared a look with Athena when they saw there were no signatures. Beverly quickly pulled out a pen and signed her name, adding a heart on the end before giving it to Athena. Athena signed a separate page, adding two lines underneath her name and then a star beside it. Athena handed the boy his yearbook back before handing Beverly her pen.

"Stay cool, Ben from soc." Beverly said as she grabbed Athena's hand and started to walk away.

"Yeah, you too Beverly! And Athena!" He quickly added.

"Stay cool new kid on the block." Beverly called back, earning an amused chuckle from Athena. The two girls quickly grabbed their bikes before peddling away from the school.

"What's your plans for today?" Athena asked, glancing at the redhead before looking back towards the empty street.

"I haven't decided yet. I was probably just going to spend a little while at home and then come over your house. If that's cool with you?" Beverly responded. Athena shrugged her shoulders.

"Sounds good. You know, I don't see why you don't move in." Athena joked.

"You know I would." Beverly huffed.

"Yeah, I know." They arrived at Beverly's and Athena offered her a small smile. "I'll see you later, Bev."

"Bye, Thena." She waved before making her way up to the apartment. Athena sighed before making her way to her home. When she arrived, her dog started to bark like crazy. Athena laughed as she dropped her bike onto the front lawn and then entered her home. Her dog quickly jumped on her, making the girl fall to the floor as she let out a laugh. Ruby was a black Labrador that was insanely spastic, but calm at the same time. Ruby was most definitely her animal best friend and was always a thing of comfort for Athena.

After Athena's father had left, her mother bought Athena a dog so that she wasn't at home all by herself. When Athena finally managed to push the large dog off of her, she chuckled and forced herself off the floor. She went into the kitchen and poured dog food in the dog bowl before pouring herself a bowl of cereal. She entered the living room and cut on the TV, completely oblivious of the shadow figure that was standing on her steps, watching every move that she made with a Cheshire grin plastered on its face.

 She entered the living room and cut on the TV, completely oblivious of the shadow figure that was standing on her steps, watching every move that she made with a Cheshire grin plastered on its face

AHHHH! It's finally here! This is the first chapter to Fear! I hope you all enjoyed it lovelies! This story will be updated every Tuesday! Thank you hellstones for making the sign off gif for me!