Chapter 22

Previously in Corruption...

"Its weird. I never thought that I would be shot before. Let alone by a thirteen year old kid."

He snorts.

"Yup, definetly. Our lives are weird, isn't it?"

The man that didn't have to get to surgery again laughs lightly.

"Yeah."

They sit there in silence for a while thinking about their lives and their families. Eventually it comes to the part when they were in the lab testing some prototypes and getting shot by the SSC.

And then...

They both yell:

"Where's the kid?!"

'0'

The next morning came quickly.

But unlike yesterday the players are as ready as ever to kick the SSC's ass and beat them to the ground and kill them-

Ok, thats gone too far.

Let me rephrase that.

The players are ready to kick the SSC's ass and beat them to the ground and not kill them and kindly demand to give them their beloved brunet.

And yes this is Raimon's train of thought.

Today's the day.

That they save Tenma.

(Well maybe not today for us but today for them.)

As the morning sun rises upon the horizon Raimon quickly gets up full of energy.

They are no longer tired.

Thank god.

"Wow, so this is what it feels like to not be dying and being not tired." Some comments while others snort in amusement.

They do notice it as well.

They felt like they could do anything they wanted to do now without exhaustion weighing them down. Like I dunno, maybe saving their first year captain.

Yup thats it.

And thats what they are gonna do.

The cluster of teenagers head towards the bathroom to take a shower - to which they did not do in couple of days and what I mean by a couple of days I meant two - because they stink.

The players smelled like bird poop doodie and they were slimey and sweaty-

Ok lets stop right there.

Were not getting into detail here.

But back to the point: they stink and they need a shower immediately.

And they do just that.

After their refreshing and well-needed shower they don't smell like bird shit anymore.

They did smell like shampoo and soap. Well, atleast its better than smelling like piece of shit-

I mean smell like piece of bird poop.

Yeah thats right.

Bird poop.

Lets stick with that.