Chapter One

My mom stood waiting for me to get inside the school for way too long. I wish she could just mind her own business. But no, her little sweetie pie is too important to where she couldn't just leave her alone for five seconds. "Love you, honey! Have a great day at school!" Argh. There she goes again. I could feel her staring at me waiting for me to say love you too back. "Okay love you too," I muttered. That was enough for her. I cautiously walk into school. Then just when I thought I was safe the devil himself, pushed me into a wall.

"Please Devin, don't make a scene right now," I asked him.

"You think you're so great because you got mom's good side. You think you're so great because you are going to become a good little princess night thing and going to save the day. And I have to be the bad guy." Devin shot right at me. Ouch.

"I think you misunderstand. I-" I started to speak.

"Save it." Oh no. Was he going to do this right in front of him? I braced myself. "Dude, let her go. She's not worth it." Logan stopped my demon brother. Devin scowled at Logan mostly because of him ruining my beat up. But then he grinned insanely. "You are so right Lo Lo!" Lo Lo, I mean Logan cringed. He hated that nickname. Devins's face darkened. "She's worth nothing." Then he dropped me and trotted off with his group. Logan looked back once, gave me a sad smile, and then returned laughing with the rest of the group. I flipped my hoodie over my head and trudged down the hallways.

I was grabbing my books from my locker when I felt a poke on my shoulder. I whipped my head around. "Hi. I'm Amalya. The principal told me to ask you to give me a tour." The poor girl looked like she wanted to do it any less then I did. "Hi, Amalya. I'm Deni." Amalya looked like one of those popular girls you see in shows and books. Curly blonde hair with baby blue eyes and hot pink lipgloss. She wore a black tank top that said nope and jean shorts with a checkered jacket around her waist. Some red tennis shoes to top it all off. She was looking at me weird. "Huh? Oh, right, the tour." She giggled.

I showed her around including introducing her to all the people I knew. When I introduced her to my brother she made goo-goo eyes at him, just like all the other girls at my school. "That's your brother?" She said without taking her eyes off him. "Maybe I can come to your house sometime." She continued. I rolled my eyes and then pulled Amalya along. "It was great meeting you, Devin!" She waved. When we were a safe distance from my brother she asked again. "So can I come to your house sometime? Maybe me, you, and Devin could all bond!" The poor girl. She was so desperate. "I hate to tell you this Amalya, but my brothers never with me in the same house. One week I'm at dad's and Dev's at mom's and then we switch the next week." She looked shocked. "I'm sorry. I never realized that your parents were divorced." She looked uncomfortable so I shrugged it off. "It's okay. When your mom's a princess and your dad's the devil things don't work out that well." I grinned. She looked even more surprised. Then I laughed.

"What?" She asked.

"You should've seen your face when I told you that."

"Oh and Deni? You can call me Ama."

"Ama. I like it!" She smiled.

The rest of school was pretty boring. Except for Ama being there. We had lunch together and hung out the entire day. She's pretty cool. When I got home mom and dad were in the same room. Woah. That never happens. But some things stay the same, they're fighting.

"What's going on?" I asked. My parents both looked at each other then dad cleared his throat. "Hey, sweetie pie! How's my favorite princess?" I gave him a look that said, I'm not 5 anymore.

"Seriously whats going on?" I asked impatiently. Suddenly Devin stood up.

"I'll tell you what's going on. Mom and dad are arguing over if they're going to ship us off to some anger management camp." He said while rolling his eyes.

"What?!!?" I screamed. "Why?"

"First off, your dad is a devil. Secondly, you need it." My mom told me.

"Ugh. That doesn't make any sense!"

She pointed silently towards my outfit. Okay, dark grey hoodie with black leggings doesn't exactly scream happy. BUT I am totally fine! I do not need an anger management camp!

"This is stupid," I mumble under my breath. "If anything Devin needs it!"

"Honey, me and your father think it's the best for both of you," Mom says. "Anyway, you will meet lots of kids like you! You'll have so many friends before you know it!" 

Mom looked like she instantly regretted what she just said.

Lots of kids like me? Was she saying that I could be a threat to mankind because of my dad? Or hurt somebody? Blood started pounding in my head.

"Is this why you're so protective of me?" I say barely choking the words out of my mouth. "Because you're afraid of m-me?"

Mom looks uncomfortable. "O-of course not! Why would I be? But Honey you have to realize that s-someone might be."

My fists ball up. All I can hear is the words that Mom said. I'm about to scream and let it all out when the doorbell rang. I went to answer it. Whoever it was could take the stress off me right now.

I open the door and gasp.