Chapter 8

"Ice." I repeated, and Sebastian sighed while Ciel smirked in an 'I told you so' way.

"You want me, someone who trips over invisible gnomes and air -despite being a kunoichi- and flails like an idiot, to go on ice." I said. Ciel's smirk grew to an almost smile.

"Kuroi-sama, it's just for the day. The Young Masted would like to go, and, it being you, for reasons you've aforementioned, I refuse to leave you in the mansion with those three alone." he said, and I blinked, then nodded.

Made sense. Ciel's expression was now one that said 'not bad', and I wrinkled my nose. Was there something going on...?

'Ciel said you'd never agree, just to see Sebastian try to convince you.' Lucifer said in my mind, not bothering to say it out loud or even look up from his place on an armchair by a window in Ciel's office. I 'oh'ed, confusing the two in front of me.

"I'll go for the right reasons, Ciel. Those just happen to be the right reasons." I said, and he rolled his eyes but stood anyway.

Lucifer did as well, coming to stand beside me and steal the bookmark in my hand - so close to being stuck in the book I was reading- to put it in his, saving the page and going out the door.

-_-

"Bastard." I muttered, taking another one from one of Ciel's many desk drawers. Said midget eyed our interaction oddly but shrugged it off as we followed Lucifer.

"How long will we be gone for?" I asked as Lucifer helped me into my coat, and Ciel shrugged, somehow managing to make the action look graceful while he was being helped into his own coat by Sebastian.

"A few hours, most likely. Maybe more, if we run into trouble." he replied, adding the last bit on when I nodded in understanding. My eyes narrowed.

"I refuse to be used as a detective in any way, shape or form to aid you in solving whatever case you're working on this time." I said, and he sighed.

"Just this once?" he smirked, and I facepalmed, no match for his Phantomhive look, since it was just like Yana Toboso drew. Fuck.

"Fine. This once. Only because that expression is so freaking canon that I just can't, okay?" he nodded, not ever knowing what I was talking about, and probably not really caring either.

That's fine; in fact it was pretty great, since he'd learn to tolerate me much faster now that he doesn't listen to unimportant bits, i.e half of the sentence.

--TIMESKIP--

"What a total fake." Ciel muttered, looking at the 'Phantom Company's Original Toys' in disdain.

"That arc was enjoyed by generations and made by the best craftsmen. There was only one made. Since the mansion's fire, even the current company doesn't have it anymore." he said, and I 'hmm'ed.

"I'm guessing little Ciel used to play with it? And all the animals inside too?" I snickered as he shot me a 'shut up' look, and took to wandering around again, not going too far just in case they wanted my awesome and obviously very valued opinion any time soon.

They'd actually asked me what I thought about a few things since we got here; it's all going to my head, honestly.

Turning away from the stall, we heard a voice.

"You're..." when he saw the person, all buttoned up in a dull brown detective styled trench-coat looking thing, Ciel smirked lightly in the way that made everyone know he was mocking you.

"For a trusted person such as yourself, London must be truly at peace for you to be frolicking here. Today, at least." He said, and the guy grit his teeth, clearly annoyed.