Chapter 12

"So, how's Gaara? You two married yet?" I choked. Courtney choked. Clara choked. Lucifer and the Doctor high fived.

"Have I mentioned how much I hate you?" I asked, and he shrugged, humming nonchalantly.

"Many times. I've learnt to ignore it, actually."

"And damn, do I hate your ability to adapt. To answer your question, no. We aren't married." I muttered, feeling myself turn a different colour at the implication. He chuckled and nudged me.

"If I didn't know you, I'd say you were red from anger. You're secretly relieved, aren't you?" He teased, and I scowled.

"Shut up. I don't know what to do in marriage. I don't know what to do in the relationship we're already in, much less move onto to that!" I wailed, and he sighed, putting a hand on my head.

"Calm down, you'll be fine. I'm just wondering why he's taking so long to ask-"

"Okay, time for you to shut up. Aren't we there yet? Come on, girl, get us there faster!" I tapped the TARDIS' control panel, and everything suddenly stopped. Courtney looked at the monitor and her eyes widened, while I just grinned.

"Yes! Distraction!" I cheered, and ran towards the door.

"No, wait-!" Courtney shouted, but by the time I managed to stop, I was already outside the TARDIS. I blinked as I looked back at her, one foot still raised, my body floating in space.

"...what?" I asked, confused and curious. She blinked at me, then looked to the Doctor, who shook his head with a small smile.

"She's fine." He said, and I frowned, but turned away, not bothering to ask what all that was about. A few more steps forward, and I noticed I was suddenly walking towards a person. The person was in front of a huge ass screen, and I was standing on metal floors. I rolled my eyes.

"Doctor, she's taken us somewhere weird again." I called, about to return inside, but two arms held my own down, and I blinked as the others came out of the TARDIS. The Doctor looked at me and snickered, making me stick my tongue out at him as I quickly knocked out the two who held me and went back to stand by him as he questioned the person from before. As they spoke, I explored, soon finding myself to be on a spaceship. I peeked into the many rooms, finding each one to be just as boring as the last. Eventually, I went back to where we landed, to find the Doctor gone.

"Where'd he go?" I asked, and the person looked me up and down before snorting and refusing to answer. I huffed and put a hand on her forehead. Her eyes rolled back into her head, and I wrinkled my nose as I let her go. She fell to the ground with a thud, and the rest of them crowded around. I waved them off.

"Calm your tits, she's fine. Geez, you humans are so freaking worrisome." I muttered, then turned on the spot and disappeared, reappearing in the TARDIS. Courtney and Clara made odd squeaks as I was suddenly in front of them, but the Doctors merely gave me a grunt of acknowledgement and waved me over, peering into a glass of... Something.

"This is some stuff I picked up from one of my trips with Amy and Rory. Went through some trouble to get it, but I did." He said, handing it to me with a smug look. I rolled my eyes and raised a hand, the air contorting around it until a small vial appeared in my hand, and I handed it to him.

"This is from one of my expeditions in Lukedonia. Got it from a willing participant, don't worry." I said as he marveled at the sticky white substance. He beamed childishly.

"Blood of a half breed?" He asked, and I grinned with a nod.

"It certainly wouldn't be of a pure blood, now would it?" I teased, and he laughed, setting it on the TARDIS console. I cleared my throat, and he groaned.

"But it's so far away-"

"Doctor. Go." I said, and he huffed but picked it up and turned on his heel, then did a full circle, plucked mine from my hand and turned again and marched away. I grinned.

"And don't you leave it on the hall table, make sure it goes in your room. Where it's supposed to be." I called, and upon hearing his mildly annoyed 'fine' coming from the hall, I smirked.

"Sorry, he tends to leave things in a horrible mess, doesn't he? When I was here you could tell what colour the console really was. Now it just looks like an odd grey-blue and a whole lot of junk." I muttered, and Clara raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"You mean this doesn't actually do anything?" She asked, pointing to the thing I had in my hand when I said 'junk'. I sighed.

"Apart from amuse him when he makes it 'ding', no. No it does not, and we have spoken about leaving your olds screwdrivers around the place, Doctor!" I said, continuing in a louder voice when I noticed at least three older models next to each other. He came back and swatted my hands away from them.

"I'm making a collection! And don't touch them, they're develops to keep even the strongest of demons at bay." He said, and I raised an eyebrow, picking one up and throwing it at Lucifer's head. It bounced off, and had we still been animated, I could have been able to see the dark aura he would have been omitting. I coughed and looked away, ignoring the glare he was sending my way, and turned back to the Doctor. Developed to keep even the strongest demons at bay?

"No it isn't." I said, and he groaned.

"Why did I invite you along?" He asked, and I blinked, then shrugged.

"Honestly, I have no idea. Wasn't this for Courtney to feel special? Not that she is, but..." Courtney shrunk slightly, and Clara scoffed.

"Whoa, whoa, ,no. Okay, you two are too much alike. And here I thought you weren't like him. No, never mind, you really aren't." Clara corrected herself as I raised an eyebrow. "But you don't just go around telling children they aren't special!" She said, and I moaned at the lecture, flopping down into my chair next to the TARDIS console.

"Oh no, you're a teacher, aren't you? I've always had a dislike for teachers, they never seemed to like me much, even if I was the best in all my AP classes..." I trailed off, then continued. "But why not? No one told me I was special when I was small. Hell, everyone told me I was just the opposite, but I turned out fine." I said, flailing my arms to get the point across. Clara sighed, face palming.

"No, kuroi, no you did not turn out fine, and I have no idea why I even bothered. Just... Just remember, you," she looked to the Doctor, "that the next child you see, and all the others after that, you tell they are special no matter what." She said, then turned to me. "And you," I blinked, going crossed eyed trying to focus on the finger in front of my nose. "It's don't tell them they aren't appreciated. You don't have to tell them they're gonna become president-"

"Though it is possible, I'd rather not raise their hopes." I interrupted, and she continued like I hadn't said anything.

"-but just tell them that they aren't completely unimportant. Just... Be. Nice." She said, and I blinked.

"I haven't killed anyone yet; am I not being very nice?" I asked, flustered. The Doctor sighed at Clara's flabbergasted look, and, just as he was about to say something -which most likely would have made the situation worse- the TARDIS stopped. I grinned.

"Who wants to be the first of our party to stand on the moon?"

________________________________________________________

Guys, I'm really sorry. I published at least two chapters already, but wattpad isn't making them viewable, nor are any of you getting the notification, apparently. I've sorted it out now, by some miracle. Hope you liked :3

~Anna

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT