"I want to show you something." He said, excitement in his voice as he quickly changed the subject. Usually excitement wasn't in His voice unless He was talking about me.

All these sudden changes didn't make sense. Why would He want to run tests today when it wasn't Testing Day? Why would He be so excited when today was supposed to be a mundane day?

We walked until we stopped in front of a white room that looked like mine. Instead of #14786 next to the door it said 'Varian'. I felt a flash of jealousy surge through me. Why wasn't my name by my door?

Inside there was an average looking boy, passed out on the stiff, white bed. His pitch black hair covered his face from my view, but I assumed he was around my age based on the size of his body. He wore the crinkly lab gown all the experiments were required to wear, but it didn't look like he belonged in it. He looked like a lab coat trying to blend in with the experiments. The lab gown was as white as the rest of his room, contrasting against the tanned hue of his skin.

"This is Varian." He said, pride in his voice and jealousy flashed through me once more. He wasn't allowed to use that tone when talking about anyone but me.

"Is he special?" I asked despite the fact that I already knew the answer. Everyone trapped in one of these rooms was special in their own way.

"Yes, very special. He's the second one with the ability to carry the Red Virus." He said eagerly and my eyes flickered, knowing what virus he was talking about.

The Red Virus heightened all of your senses. Unlike Varian, I was much younger when they injected the Red Virus into me. I hadn't known what was happening, only that I had wanted it to stop. The pain started a few mere seconds after the lab coats finished injecting me with an unknown translucent red substance. I remember it starting out as an uncomfortable prickling feeling before it blossomed into my veins, feeling as though they were being seared. I could feel my blood bubbling as it boiled under my skin. I couldn't concentrate on anything but the blackening pain for that moment.

I don't remember if I screamed and cried or if I lay stiff with the paralyzing pain. I could feel the pain ebbing away, but for me it wasn't fast enough. By the time it had finished I was whimpering, wanting nothing more than peace. When it finally came, I realized I wasn't in my own body anymore. Later, I overheard the lab coats talking about how all that pain, all that sweltering heat, had happened in just a few minutes instead of the countless hours I had thought.

"You were the first, sweetheart. My best experiment." He said, patting my back whilst staring at the boy with hungry eyes.

My ears flickered as someone headed in our direction and He only noticed after a minute. His senses were plain.

"Sir, Experiment Varian is about to wake up." The man in the white lab coat said, giving me a smile. I just stared blankly at him in reply. Once he realized I wasn't going to say anything the man turned on his heel and walked out.

"That wasn't nice Arcelia. He was trying to be your friend." He said, frowning at me, His eyes drifting back to Varian.

"I'm sorry." I said, wishing Varian would die for taking His attention away from me.

Suddenly Varian gasped, his blue eyes bloodshot and wide, scanning the room wildly.

"Watch and learn sweetheart." He said entranced with His newest experiment.

I watched bitterly as Varian jumped up quickly and flinched at the sounds. His eyes looked vicious for the first few minutes before they turned scared and pained.

Then, he started screaming.

I watched, all the emotion draining out of my body because I knew how he was feeling. I'd once screamed twice as loud and scratched my eyes three times as hard. Like Varian, I'd once tried peeling off my skin to relieve to pain only to bring my hands back, my fingernails covered in my own blood. I knew what it felt like when he screamed himself into a panic attack and fainted, collapsing to the floor.