Chapter 6

Scarlett P.O.V

Johnny and I fly back. Occasionally I'll fall a little, but either Johnny catches me and carries me for a while or I get my wings back in time.

We fly into New York by midnight and I see the destroyed wedding ceremony. Broken chairs strewn all over the place, flower pedals everywhere. Suddenly I notice a pillow. Not any pillow, the one Adelaide was wearing on her arm.

I fly over and land in the wreckage of thw wedding. Surely the news will have a full story about it. I walk over helicopter blades and splinters. I walk over to the pillow and pick it up from the ground. A layer of dirt covers it and I carefully brush it off. The rings hang loosely from where they were strapped, and multiple jewels from the pillow are missing.

"It's sad, isn't it?" I look over and see Johnny walking towards me. I nod in response and keep my head down while looking at the pillow. "I'm sorry about everything." Johnny says as he sidles up next to me and looks down at the pillow in my hands.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. Yeah, we may have been almost choked to death, but we're okay. These are the two most important part to a marriage. It unites the man and women as one, but they just lay here forgotten. I don't think I'll ever get married." I turn around keeping the pillow in my hands and walk to the ledge, climbing on and standing there.

"Why not?" Johnny asks me as he does the same thing.

"How would it work? I am a freak. I can turn myself into a regular human and then I can turn myself into a freeze pop. I can kill a human within seconds by freezing their blood. I don't even think Adelaide will be able to stay with me because of my powers and how dangerous this life can be. We put people in more danger when they're around us than when they are far away." I pause for a moment looking up at Johnny.

"You, Sue, Ben and Adelaide are the only people I've let myself to close to ever, besides my brother. My life just doesn't work out like the others. We're not normal and sometimes we're not super heroes. Well I never did anything against Victor besides giving Sue energy and having a pole fall on my back.. So here you see the truth, nothing works out in the end." I jump off the building and stretch my wings out to fly.

We arrive at the Baxter Building a few minutes later. It is past midnight by the time Johnny and I fly to the balcony. I turn and place my arms on the stone and look up at the stars. The exhaustion of the day catching up to me in flurry. Johnny walks up behind me and heat radiates off of his body.

"Your dress glows in the moonlight." Johnny puts his hand in the middle of my back causing shivers to rack through it for some reason.

"Again I'm sorry about the suit. It did look really good on you. I'll take you out shopping sometime to replace it. You were right about something might happen during the wedding." I tell him

"We'd better get to bed, before you know it Reed will be knocking on your door to ask what happened." I push off from the balcony and turn to go inside.

"Scarlett, wait." I stop and turn to him. My heels making the only sound on the floor. The wind blows through my hair.

"Thank you for trying to save me earlier. You could've just left me put you didn't so, Thank you." A genuine smile plays on his face.

"I'd do it again for you, Johnny." I walk to my room and check on Adelaide. She was safe and sound asleep in my bed. I change into a Captain America Pajama outfit. I walk out and into Johnny's room. I steal one of his pillows and walk into the living room. I walk to the couch and curl up.

Goodnight, Johnny." I call and I fall asleep.

I hear a shrill scream sound. I grab a jack knife that I keep hidden near me at all times. I hear another scream and I run. I know the only one who would scream like that. I run towards my room and I see people dragging Adelaide out.