Episode 19

EPILOGUE

Bode came back from Lagos on Saturday. He passed two nights in our house. He was so surprised at how he was warmly received by my parents and siblings.He really didn't give me the details, but I knew he gave Pastor the full gist.With time, my dad became a loving dad to Bode. They were always talking of each other.Bode's 21st birthday met him in Lagos, and according to him, my family marked it for him in a little way, which he really appreciated.He proposed to me, but I turned it down immediately. Not because I didn't have feelings for him, but because of the age difference.When I told mummy about it, her reply surprised me."Go and pray about it my dear. Whatever God ask you to do, do it..but about the issue of agedifference, it has no meaning.""But....Ma, even if God comes down to tell me to marry him, I don't think I can. How can I marry someone I'm 4years older than?. He's just 21 and I'm 25."She laughed and said "Is there anywhere it is written in the bible that husband must be older than his wife?.The bible only says that wives should be submissive to their own husbands, and as a result of that, we have programmed it in our minds that the only person we could be submissive to, must be someoneolder than us. For your information, I'm 3years older than my husband. If I didn't tell you now, how would you know?.Go and pray my dear, and let God's will be done".I prayed and didn't have any restriction in my spirit. I told my Pastor about it and they prayed for us.My parents also agreed with the union and we got married at Ikoyi Registry in December, after which we went for marriage blessings at my parents' church.I had a bouncing baby boy on the 17th of January, named Anuoluwapo (Meaning God's mercy is sufficient). I decided to stay with the Williams until I had the baby.When Bode graduated from school, my dad connected him with one of his friends who employed him in his company. With time, he became the manager of the company, and we've been doing fine since.We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last February, and up till now, I'm still trusting God for another baby.Sometimes in my thought, I would imagine what would have happened if I had aborted Anuoluwapopregnancy.I would have thought I couldn't have another child due to the abortion. I would never recover from the guilt. Also, I would have remained barren up till now, not having any child at all.I would have been a hindrance to Bode's destiny.Lastly, I would have attracted the wrath of God upon myself in a big way.Looking at Anuoluwapo, who is Bode's carbon copy, he has the gift of singing and playing instruments. He had been composing his own songs since age 5, there is no sentence he can't bring out a song from, just say it, and he would turn it to a song and by now, he's becoming a Guru in playing keyboard.I have no doubt God will still bless me with more children, He had assured me of that, and I know He would never fail. (The end)