"Sevyn calm down," he said. "What's the problem?"

"She—she got shot! Twice," she croaked out through her tears. "Yo-you gotta come! Yasir you have to—"

Yasir's heart fell to the floor. It seemed like his entire world just stopped spinning.

Shot? How could she have gotten shot? Who would shoot Na'imah of all people. He just saw her. He was just with her.

"Yasir!" Sevyn's loud cries snapped him out of his head.

"Yasir what happened?" Cordell asked when he jumped out of his chair and started running back through the house. He followed nonetheless, picking up his phone that fell from his hand. He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Sevyn's name on the screen.

"Baby?" he spoke.

"S-somebody shot her!" Sev cried to Cordell, his eyes immediately widening.

"Her? Somebody shot—"

"Na'imah!" she yelled. "I'm—I'm goin ta' Tulane, hurry up please Cordell, please" she continued to sob over the phone.

"We—we comin bae," he stammered, getting in Brix's car. He didn't hesitate for a second before pulling off. "Tulane," Grim said simply. Yasir nodded almost robotically before heading in that direction.

He didn't know what to feel—he couldn't feel. He was numb. All he knew was that he needed to get to her and would do so by any means. Like Sevyn, he weaved through the streets, not caring about the colors of the lights as he raced to her.

He prayed they got there in time. He couldn't lose her, too.

Back at the hospital, Sevyn bursted through the door, covered in blood, nearly falling to her knees as people rushed around her. "E-excuse me I-I need some help!" she called to nurses who were running around. "Scuse—CAN I GET SOME FUCKIN' HELP!" she yelled at the top of her lungs, stopping all activity around her.

"Is this your blood?!" A young black nurse asked her.

"N-no! My sista', she—she got shot two times, I can't carry ha' in hea'," she explained hurriedly and told her which car it was. Before she knew it, a gurney was whizzing past her. A minute later, Na'imah's limp body flew past.

Sevyn had been sitting in the waiting room alone with her head in her hands, rocking back and forth—speaking unrecognizable words when she heard Yasir's voice

"Whea' she at?! Somebody—my girlfriend she-she-" he scratched out, and Grim spotted his girlfriend who stared at them helplessly. Grim tapped his shoulder pointing at Sev before rushing to her and scooping her up out of the chair.

"I'm sorry!" she sobbed into Grim's shirt. "I-I'm so—I'm so sorry," she hiccuped.

"It's not yo fault, baby," he hushed her. "You helped her as best you could," he spoke a Yasir stood off to the side looking spaced out.