Mi Morena

Pairing: Loki x reader

Word Count: 670 

Tony was having another party. Of course he was. If he didn't have one every so often, you would assume he had fallen gravely ill.

The party was still going strong into the late hours of the night, but time was of no importance when a Stark party was in full swing. Loki's arm was around your waist as you two were chatting with Steve and Natasha.

There is a clatter near the bar and the four of you turn to see Tony picking himself up from off the ground, a drink in hand, and his hair tousled. Steve and Natasha excuse themselves to give Tony a hand.

You feel Loki press a soft kiss to your temple. "You look breathtaking tonight, my love."

"Just tonight?" You ask him teasingly.

He hums in thought for a moment. "Yes. Just tonight."

"Hey!"

He laughs and kisses you again. You just grumble in response.

The party finally starts to dwindle down and you repress a yawn. You're about to ask Loki if you could retire, the adrenaline of the night had left your system some time ago and you were sleepy. Before you can ask him, the faint melody of a very familiar song reaches your ears. You look up to see Loki wearing a matching smile.

"May I, my darling?"

Your smile is the only answer he needs. He pulls you along to the middle of the floor. You place your arms around his shoulder as he places his around your waist. He pulls you flush against him, leaving nothing but your dress and his suit separating you two. He slowly leads you into a dance. A dance to the song that ignited your love for each other.

And so my love

From my window I can see

A beautiful vision

And when the music plays

Your body rises like a bird of grace

This was the first song you and Loki danced to, several months ago, at another one of Tony's parties. It was during this dance that Loki confessed his love for you. Since then, this song has been very near and dear to you.

Mi morena

I saw you dancing in the rain

Holy water

Shining like a silver flame

Come like a ghost

I will watch you dance alone

Mi morena

You're the light within my soul

It was a rainy night. The first few weeks after coming back to earth. Loki heard musical laughter coming from the balcony. Curiosity tugged at him for quite some time before he went to investigate. He looked out the window, into the dark night, to see a figure dancing in the rain. He stood there, unsure of if he should leave or ask what was going on. He couldn't even see who it was. Lightning flashed across the cloudy sky, illuminating the most beautiful lady he had ever seen. You had spread your arms, twirling in the rain, your hair dripping with water, and that tinkling laugh coming from you again. You spotted Loki standing inside, watching you with a hint of worry on his face. You ran to him, and pulled him outside with you. He tried refusing, but your smile stopped him in his tracks. You took his hands and led him in a joyful dance. Something in his heart flickered when you looked up at him with a beaming smile and sparkling eyes.

Mi morena

Hold your hands out to the light

Be my lover

I will fall into your eyes

Sweet fire of love

For you I'd steal the stars

'Cause I adore you

O my morena

The two of you continued to dance slowly, lost in each other's eyes, not noticing that the other party goers were all nearly gone.

A lock of Loki's hair fell forward, you raised a hand to brush it back. Loki took your hand and pressed a kiss to the inside of your wrist and placed your hand against his heart.

"I would steal the stars for you, my morena."