Case 2. Killer VS Killer: Chapter 02. Terrorists

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang drove to the entrance of the construction site, where the taxi driver was already waiting for them. He showed them the direction the man walked towards. Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang had a look and realized that the man had entered the construction site.

"The site is sealed off because of the collapse of the building, so no one has used it for a long time." The driver said, "That's why I thought he was a bit strange. He didn't look like a Chinese person, so I remember him."

Bai Yutang nodded and asked the driver to go to the police station to describe the person to a sketch artist. The driver was very earnest as he drove to the police station by himself.

"Cat, be careful." Bai Yutang walked a few steps forward and found that the ground was covered with bricks and rubble. "What does the man you saw look like?"

"Um...He's tall and burly." Zhan Zhao recalled, "But I didn't see his face."

"Oh..." Bai Yutang smiled. "You were only looking at that bag, weren't you?"

Zhan Zhao squinted. "Xiao Bai, why are you asking this? You didn't see that man too, did you?"

Bai Yutang nodded and said, "Just now the driver said he didn't look like a Chinese person, so I thought of the man I saw in the showers earlier."

"In the showers?" Zhan Zhao wondered, "That pervert?"

"No." Bai Yutang said, "Earlier in the showers, there was actually another person in the shower room next door."

"Really?" Zhan Zhao was surprised, "But it didn't feel like there was anyone there at all."

Bai Yutang thought for a moment. "When I went into the showers, he had probably just finished taking his shower. Later, when he noticed that something was going on, he hid himself and didn't come out."

"He didn't come out to help you kick that pervert? He didn't want to be a hero?" Zhan Zhao smiled.

"Ah..." Bai Yutang shook his head and said, "What I care about is that the way he concealed himself was very professional...It seems he might have a military background."

"Oh?" Zhan Zhao was surprised. "Was he working out at the gym?"

Bai Yutang shook his head. "I was exercising in the gym for more than 30 minutes. I had glanced at everyone inside. He wasn't there."

"Then, he went just to take a shower?" Zhan Zhao smiled. "On a hot day like this, it makes sense to take a bath."

"The showers in that fitness place is very unique." Bai Yutang said, "The lockers are very large. Usually, the lockers are small."

"Oh..." Zhan Zhao nodded. "He wanted to find a place to put his big bag, or maybe, someone placed the bag there and he took it."

As they walked on for a while, they saw a big pit not far away.

Zhan Zhao was surprised, "Why is there such a big pit here?"

"It's probably caused by the blasts when this place was getting demolished." Bai Yutang signaled Zhan Zhao to stand next to the pit, while he jumped into it, then squatted down and gently picked up the soil with his hand. As he was wiping away the soft yellow sand, some white bones appeared...Bai Yutang looked back at Zhan Zhao. To his shock...Zhan Zhao, who had been standing on the edge of the pit, had suddenly disappeared.

"Cat!" Bai Yutang shouted, as he took two steps to climb out of the pit. "Cat..." While feeling anxious, he saw Zhan Zhao squatting not far away. When he heard Bai Yutang call him, he turned to look, while holding a big black bag in his hand. "Xiao Bai, look."