Chapter Six-Coralee

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is having a great day!  Thank you for reading Grimm Protector.  I hope you are enjoying the story so far.  I truly appreciate all of you.  All of the messages and comments mean the world to me.  

I adore you all.  If you like this chapter, please let me know.  

-XXXX Amanda 

***********

I stood in front of the mirror combing through my blonde hair before pulling my hair back in a ponytail. I glanced down at the tank top with the same symbol that I had seen throughout the club emblazoned across my right breast.

I shifted on bare feet as I glanced at the bruise on my shoulder where Riley had pushed me into the wall four days before. It was tinted green meaning that it would heal soon. I frowned unable to remember a time when my body had been completely free of bruises. I chewed my bottom lip, realizing when these bruises healed it would truly mark the end of my abuse.

A knock at the door caused me to jump. I took a deep breath, picking up my shoes and moving toward the door, opening it to find Alpha raising his hand to knock once more.

His eyes widened as they moved slowly over me before he touched his bottom lip and smiled.

"The clothes fit," Damara said, smirking as her brother blinked, moving to the side to allow me to walk into the room, "I'm so happy. With how little you are, I was worried."

"They do," I said, trying to ignore Alpha's eyes on me, "Thank you so much for bringing them."

"You're welcome," She said, stepping toward me, "But it wasn't only me. It was the other women in the club too. I'll introduce you to them later."

Alpha turned toward his sister, "Don't let too many people know she's here yet. Just Abby and Leah and John's daughters for now," Alpha said, shaking his head, "We don't need her father to find out she's here."

"I'll make sure they are the only ones who know for now," Damara said, raising her brows, "But you won't be able to keep her secret for too long. We need to figure out another plan that will keep her safe soon."

My eyes widened because she was right. I wouldn't be able to stay in Alpha's room unknown without someone finding out. My heart sank as I realized it would be best if I rested and then, found a way out of here as soon as I could.

Alpha narrowed his eyes at Damara before turning to me, "I don't want you to worry, Coralee," he said, his eyes meeting mine, "You are safe here but Damara is right. Your father will find out you're here. We just have to figure out what we are going to do when that happens."

I nodded, but I knew that there was no way for that to happen. I swallowed, knowing that the safety I had at that moment was only temporary.

**********

I could hear the party starting below us, reminding me of the night I met Alpha. I didn't know when I entered that I would find a way away from my father even if it was for a little while.

"What are you thinking about?" Damara asked as Alpha paced the floor waiting for one of his brothers to summon him to speak to John.

I blinked as I twisted my hands in front of me, "What if my sisters show up?"

"They won't even know you're here," Alpha said, his voice laced with an eerie calm that would have made anyone else cringe, "You'll stay in my room with Damara. Leah will be bringing you food in a few minutes. The door will be locked behind me. I have the key so after Leah leaves, don't answer it for anyone."

"Okay," I whispered, glancing at the door as the sounds of the party seemed to drift closer to his room.

He smiled moving closer to me, surprising me when he kissed my forehead. Warmth spread through me until he moved to Damara and did the same. My heart clenched in my chest and I realized I was disappointed. I shook my head, pushing away the feeling. It was better that he didn't get attached. I wouldn't be here that long.

He turned to me and winked at me. I forced a smile across my face, "I'll be back soon," he said as a knock sounded on the door.

I jumped and he frowned, "It's just Leah with the food," he said, smirking, "She's John's wife. She may seem a bit...Blunt but she doesn't mean any harm."

I nodded as he moved toward the door and opened it. He grinned at the beautiful red-headed woman who stood beyond the door, "I hear you've been trouble as always, Alpha."

He put his hand over his heart, "You wound me," he said, his eyes wide.

"Uh-huh," she said, rolling her eyes, "I doubt any woman could wound you. I'm sure it would be the other way around."

I frowned, wondering what she meant by that. He straightened but didn't look at me, "I'll take the food," he said, reaching for the bags in her hand.

"Uh uh, pretty boy," she said, smirking, "I'm staying. I want to meet her."

His mouth dropped open as if about to argue when she pushed beyond him and stepped into the room. Once she moved past him, she pushed him into the hallway, "Lock the door, will you?"

Then, she slammed the door in his face causing Damara to chuckle as the key was turned in the lock. Leah turned to me, her eyes moving over me.

"You must be Coralee Nichols," she said, putting the bags on the little table near the window. Her eyes moved over me once again settling on the bruise on my shoulder, "What happened here?"

I swallowed, "My father happened."

She sighed, "I knew that bastard was capable of a bunch of shit but hurting his child has moved him below what I even thought he was capable of."

I shifted as she moved closer to me, peering at the bruise before raising her brows, "It's too late to take your pain for this one," she said, meeting my eyes, "But Alpha told me you had more. Let me see the ones on your stomach."

There was something about her tone that reminded me of my mother. I raised my shirt. She narrowed her eyes at the darkened skin there.

"If I ever see your father again, I'm going to gut him," she said, smiling too sweetly for what she just said. She raised her eyes to mine, "Don't worry, Sweetie. He won't ever touch you again, I promise."

I knew she believed what she said and I wanted to believe her but I knew if my father found me, he would do much worse than bruises.