Chapter Three-Alpha

Hello, Lovelies, 

Thank you so much for reading Grimm Protector.  It means so much for people to read my books and for them to enjoy them.  I truly appreciate all of you more than you'll ever know.  

I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting and/or commenting.  If you have any questions, comment or send me a message.  

-XXXX Amanda 

**********

A loud banging on the door of my room woke me causing me to wince at the dull pounding behind my eyes. I rose from my bed and padded across the room opening the door to reveal John and one of my brothers, Savage. Savage's dark brown eyes moved from me to the bed raising his brows when he found that no one occupied it. The truth was no one had occupied my bed since meeting Coralee three days before. I couldn't get the woman out of my damned mind.

"Losing your game, brother?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

I narrowed my eyes, "Just wanted some peace and quiet without hearing someone whine that they couldn't stay with me."

"We are not here to learn who the hell Alpha fucked in the last twenty-four hours," John said, those blue eyes of his turning arctic.

I rubbed my hand across my forehead, "Why are you here?"

"That girl you asked me to track down," Savage said running his hand through hair the same shade of brown as his eyes.

My heart thumped in my chest as her face floated up from my memory. A frown crossed my brow as I glanced at John freezing my racing heart in its tracks. Something was fucking wrong and I worried that she had been hurt.

I tried to cast the thought of her coming to harm out of my mind unsure why I gave a damn. Still, my mouth had a mind of its own, "What about her?"

"Well, I wanted to know why you felt the need to track down this particular female?" John said, his eyes moving over my face.

I shrugged, "She was getting two drunk females out of here and they weren't nice to her," I said, still puzzled as to why it mattered, "I felt sorry for the woman."

John tilted his head as he studied me, "There were two girls with her?"

I nodded as Savage pulled two pictures from a file I hadn't even realized he was holding, "Are these the girls?"

My eyes swept over the pictures recognizing them in an instant, "Yeah, that's them."

"Riley and Eve Collins," he said, waiting for me to recognize their names but I drew a blank, "Jonathon Nichols step-daughters."

I froze realizing Coralee probably worked for the Nichols. After the treatment she had received from the sisters I hoped she quit.

"The woman you had Savage search for is Coralee Nichols, Jonathon Nichols daughter," he said, causing me to flinch before horror set in. How she was treated didn't coincide with being the daughter of a senator.

"No," I said, shaking my head.

"I had Wolf and Beast follow her," John said, raising his chin, "And I had Savage do a little digging."

I swallowed, my mouth becoming dry, "What did you find out?"

"I found that her mother died under some pretty suspicious circumstances," he said, frowning, "A supposed accident where she was found at the bottom of the stairs in their home. Less than a year later, he married Kinley Collins...The widow of Vance Collins."

"She wasn't treated like the daughter of a Senator," I said, grinding my teeth, "A glass of beer was thrown in her face and she was told she was only good for scrubbing floors."

"According to Beast and Wolf that's what they use her for," Savage said, his brows furrowing, "Some of the people who know her have seen bruises. I have a feeling when her mother died, Jonathon Nichols turned his abuse to her if he hadn't already."

"Which leads us to a unique problem," John said, raising his brow, "We need to find out why Jonathon Nichol's step-daughters were in our clubhouse. I don't trust that they came here for a beer."

"How are we going to do that?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well, Alpha," John said, giving me an evil grin, "She knows you. Let's see how skilled that charm of yours really is. Find her. Talk to her. Seduce her if you have to but find out what the hell is going on."

I clenched my fists. I didn't want to use this girl. I wanted to help her but I knew better than to deny John. The punishment for that would be more than I could bear.

I gave him a nod as he turned away with Savage following behind him. Savage rolled his eyes.

"Don't look so upset," he said, shrugging, "At least she's pretty."

I swiped my hand across my brow because there was something about this woman that was more than looks. For the first time in a long time, I was interested...Really interested in a female. It was just my goddamn luck she was the daughter of our worst enemy.

**********

I must have done something right in whatever deity's eyes watched over us because as soon as I stopped at the red light in front of the apartments housing Jonathon Nichol's penthouse, she appeared outside carrying a trash bag.

She stepped into the alley and I parked my motorcycle, following her. She turned as I moved toward her. I belatedly realized that what I had done was creepy when her beautiful blue eyes widened in alarm.

"Alpha," she mouthed my name as a tremble slid through her.

"I'm not going to hurt you," I said and sighed because that is exactly what someone who was going to hurt her would say, "I know that you probably don't believe me but I'm not."

She tilted her head, taking in my face, a small frown pressing her brows together, "I believe you," she said, relaxing, "I don't know why but I do."

She turned toward a dumpster lifting the lid and throwing the bag in, "What are you doing here?" She asked, closing the lid with a bang. I couldn't answer her because the moment she lifted her arms I could see the bruises marring her stomach. Rage slid through me as I stepped close to her taking her cheeks in my hands and forcing her eyes to mine.

"Are you being hurt?" I asked, thankful the concern blanketed my voice and not the anger.

She blinked but when her gaze met mine, I could see the confirmation in her eyes.

"I'm not leaving you here," I said, making the decision at that moment, "I want you to come with me."

She glanced up staring at a window high above us, "He'll find me," she whispered so low I almost didn't hear it.

"Let him," I said as her eyes returned to mine, "We'll protect you."

She swallowed, the decision darkening her eyes. Fuck that. I wasn't giving her a decision. I wrapped my hand around her wrist and tugged. She followed behind me and I was surprised that she didn't protest.

"Where are we going?" She asked, her voice trembling.

I released her as we reached the bike, turning to meet her eyes, "The clubhouse. Your family will not think to look there."

I gave her the only helmet I had and straddled my bike. I motioned for her to get on behind me as soon as she had the helmet on her head. She glanced at the building one more time, hesitating as she turned toward me and got on the bike. I motioned to the foothold. As soon as she put her feet upon them and wrapped her arms around me, I started the bike and raced away like the devil was on our tail. The problem was that I was sure that another devil was waiting to tear into my ass but my devil was named John and he was much scarier than Jonathon Nichols.