Chapter One-Alpha

-Three days later

It was three in the fucking morning at the clubhouse. John was in a bad mood because of some problems with The Chained Gods. On top of that, Jonathon Nichols, the fucking asshole senator who tried to bring our club down was putting on the pressure so we had to show the good folks of Ozland we weren't a threat...Meaning charity work.

Beast walked in with a smirk on his face, "Alpha," he said, his lips twitching.

"Hey, man," I said, matching his smirk as I glanced around, "Where's Abby?"

"With Leah," he said, frowning, the concern clear on his face, "She wasn't feeling well. Leah said she could stay with her while I dealt with business here. The flu is going around her school."

"Is that business The Chained Gods or the toy drive?" I asked, wincing.

Beast tensed as his blue-green eyes moved over my face. Finally, he sighed.

"After the life you have had, you would think you would be okay helping out some kids," Beast said shaking his head.

"You know it's not that," I said, grinding my teeth, only stopping when I was afraid they would break.

He tilted his head, peering even deeper, "You're still having the nightmares?" He asked, causing me to narrow my eyes at the pity blanketing his expression. I took a deep breath reminding myself that Beast only knew about them because he had been my friend for so long. He had fucking lived in my house and witnessed the aftermath of those dreams.

"They are manageable," I said, lifting my chin, "But seeing those kids and not knowing if they are being hurt fucks with me."

"I know, man," he said as John stepped out of the office.

"Beast!" He called out causing Beast to straighten his massive, muscular frame. I caught a glimpse of a man tied to the chair in the office.

Beast winked, "Duty calls."

I rolled my blue eyes and moved away before John could call me to help with whatever dirty deeds he was about to do to the man in his office. As I moved toward the bar, a voice sweet as sugar reached me, causing my whole body to stiffen.

I turned taking in the woman leaning over a table toward two other females, raising my brows in sudden interest. She was easily the most beautiful woman I had ever seen with honey blonde hair that reached toward her perfect heart-shaped ass and bright blue eyes. She had a small petite frame with small but perky tits. Currently, she was pleading with two of the girls I had only recently noticed had started hanging around the club. Both were beautiful but I could sense the entitled brat auras from my spot at the bar.

"Coralee, go home," one of the girls said, her words slurring. I could see the mean glint in the girl's dark eyes as she gripped her drink. I moved from the bar trying to reach Coralee in time but the woman had already flung the beer in her face.

Coralee gasped as the raised one delicate hand and wiped the amber liquid from her eyes, "Riley," she said in a whisper, "I'm trying to help you."

"No one wants your help," Riley sneered, "Go home and scrub the floors. That's what you're good for...Stick to that."

I reached her side, my brows furrowing as I took in her face. Up close she was even more gorgeous but more than that, there was a vulnerability that I recognized immediately. It was the same expression my sister, Damara often possessed when someone was mean to her. Hell, it was the same expression I had once worn around my own mother. I stepped closer to her, wanting to protect her.

"Are you alright?" I asked, searching her face as my heart pounded against my ribs.

Her full bottom lip trembled as she gazed at me, blinking as if surprised that someone had asked about her well-being. Maybe she was surprised and that thought made my heart crack in two.

"I-I'm okay," she said, stumbling over her words still staring at me with bright blue eyes as if waiting for something to happen. I took a step toward her and she flinched. I narrowed my eyes, tilting my head.

"Are you sure?" I asked, glancing at the woman who had thrown the drink in her face wondering if these women had hurt her in more ways than a drunken splash of beer. If they had, I would do what I needed to in order to protect her.

She opened her mouth to answer but one of the girls wretched vomiting on the floor. I closed my eyes and then, shook my head.

"Please, can you help me get them into my car?" She asked, those eyes widening as she pleaded.

"Sure, doll," I said, turning toward the women.

"Okay," I said, jerking my head toward the door, "Your evening in our club has ended."

Riley curled her hands into fists as she rose unsteadily to her feet, "See what you've done, Coralee," she said, her lower lip protruding into a pout.

Coralee's eyes widened as her face paled, "I-I-

She stumbled over her words unable to get a word out. I stepped forward and grabbed Riley's bicep. She jerked her arm from my grasp.

"I can walk on my own," she said, glancing over her shoulder, "Come on, Eve."

The girl who had vomited stood, clutching her stomach and followed Riley out the door. Coralee walked behind them with her head down but I couldn't help staring at her. There was something almost angelic about her that made me draw closer, mesmerizing me like no other woman had. Add to that her nervous innocence and it made me want to pull her against me and protect her with my life if need be.

We made it to her beaten-down car and I found that I was worried that she may not get home safely. I shook my head, not accustomed to that emotion except when it came to my brothers in my club and the few blood family members I cared about. I rolled my shoulders trying to shake off the feeling.

Still, I couldn't stop from asking her again. "Are you sure you're going to be okay, angel?" I asked, my chest tightening when she stared at me like she didn't know how to answer the question.

She blinked those beautiful eyes, a blush settling over her face, "I-I will be okay."

"My name is Alpha," I said, raising my brow, "If you ever need anything, let me know."

She nodded but I didn't believe she would ever seek me out. She got into the car but as she drove away, I memorized her license plate, deciding in that second to track her down and make sure she was truly safe because something churning in my soul told me she wasn't and that same something told me I needed to protect her.