"We also take shifts, guarding the girls at their house." Carlisle says.

"Another protection detail? Can't Ally just stay here with us?" Rosalie crosses her arms and rolls her eyes.

"Rosalie." Carlisle scolds slightly.

"No, she's right. You can't protect me, watch my dad and search for the intruder. Let alone search for Victoria while trying to keep yourselves fed." Bella stands up.

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless." Edward turns to her.

"What about Ally?" Emmett glares over at Bella.

Bella turns her back to Emmett and looks at Edward.

"Well, I'm not gonna let you starve." Bella rolls her eyes slightly.

"We won't be unprotected...we have the pack." I speak up, smiling.

Jasper looks down at me with his eyebrow raised.

"Actually, that's a good idea." Carlisle nods with a smile.

***

The next morning, Jasper, Edward and I are waiting outside while Bella is in her bedroom with Jacob. Jasper wraps an arm around my shoulder as we wait quietly. Edward is frozen in place, staring at the door. When the door finally opens, Edward rushes to meet them at the stairs.

"Whoever it was, he left his stink behind. It went from Bella's window to Ally's bed then downstairs. It won't be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here." Jacob smirks slightly.

"Ally's room?" I speak up, talking in third person.

"We don't need you to handle anything." Edward snarls. "Or anyone."

"Edward, we need their help. They're made for this." Jasper glares at Edward.

"I could care less what you need. I'm here to help Bella and Ally." Jacob scuffs, stepping forward.

"No. You're done here." Edward stares him down.

"No, you're done here." Jacob moves toward him.

Bella pushes her way between them.

"Stop. I'm tired of this. From now on I'm Switzerland, okay?" She tries to push them apart. "Alexia, help me."

"My boyfriend and best friend aren't fighting. You're on your own." I shrug.

Jasper and Paul actually get along. Paul hated the idea of being friends with a vampire at first but when Jasper was actually introduced at the treaty line one day, he changed his mind. He said that Jasper wasn't like the rest of the vampires. They don't hang out like they're BFFs but they don't fight like Jacob and Edward.

"Stop." Bella finally pushes them apart. "I don't expect you guys to chuck a football around together or even braid each other's hair. Fine. But we have a lot of problems. And this is one temporary solution. Are you willing to at least try?"