chapter 1

I kept day dreaming about her in class. I can picture her soft lips smiling at me. Her giggles that made my world light up. Her soft smooth face shining before me. I gripped my jeans in frustration. I'll never have her. I'll always lose her to... him.

The bell rang dismissing us. I sighed as I sank back into my chair. Clare passed by me with out saying a word. She ran into her boyfriend's arms and nuzzled her face into his chest. I gripped my pencil before snapping it in half. I hated him. Why did he have to choose her. Why did he steal her from me?!?

I stood up from my chair and pulled my backpack over my sholder. Her giggles were not for me. They were for someone else. My heart broke into a million pieces as I pushed past them and exited the classroom.

"Its not fair!" I screamed at myself.

I shoved my hands over my mouth realizing I yelled it out loud. I looked at my surroundings, everyone looked at me as if I was insane! I ran out of the halls and outside to my favorite bench. I threw my backpack against it and began to cry.

I love her so much it hurts. I want her to love me insted. My tears rolled of my cheeks and plopped on the ground. It seems like the world is against me. It seems I am alone. I pulled my knees to my chest and curled into a ball. The leaves on the tree behind me fell before me as the bright sun began to poar through the gaps of the tree. I buried my head into my knees weeping. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say. Why does she love him? I felt a light tap on my left knee cap. I immediately sprung up from my seat and faced a mysterious person wearing a purple cloak that touched the floor. It reached into its pocket and handed me a small container with green liquid in it. "She will love you if you give her this," they spoke. I grabbed the container. Almost instantly she turned into dust.

I slid to the ground touching the ash wondering if they were still alive. The ash felt dusty and dry amongst my smooth hands. I was shocked and confused. I turned my attention to the green liquid. A small smile appeared on my face.

"If she won't love me, I'll make her love me!" I yelled.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The next day I texted Clare to meet me in the ally close to the school. The plan was to shove the liquid down her thought as soon as she gets here.

A few minutes passed and Clare showed up late. As usual. It amuses me how she is always late.

"Rhea, I am so sorry," Clare apologized.

I smiled, "it's ok. What were you doing anyways?"

Clare's face turned bright red. Before fidgeting with her fingers. "Well.. errr. I..," Clare fumbled over her words, "I spent the night at Mike's!"

I froze in place. She... didn't... did she? I stare at her dead on. I looked at her searching for any misleading signals. Clare only looked down.

I couldn't believe it! That stupid mike! He is turning her into a slut!! The rage built up inside of me to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed the green liquid from my pocket and grabbed Clare's neck. "I will make you love me!!" I screamed before shoving the liquid down her thought.

Clare choked a bit but the liquid eventually made it's way down her thought. Clare shoved me off her and wrapped her hand around her throught. I noticed I left a bright red mark around her neck. I felt some what sorry.

Clare lowered her arm and looked at me in disbelief. "You psycho!!" She yelled. "I have a boy friend!! I don't like you in that way. Why can't you understand that!?!?!" I stood there silent. Watching her yell at me was the most heart breaking thing I have experienced. "I hate you!!," she screamed. I watched her stomp away clenching her fists.