Ideas and Thoughts

Depuis le début

around in the lounge, ducking the swearing and dangerous William Herondale.

Will chased his best friends with upraised fists, swearing in several languages at them – English, Welsh, French, Spanish – all languages his uncle forced him to learn. "I will kill you

all," Will swore.

"It's not good to talk about murder in a church, Will," Gabriel said sarcastically. Will lunged at them while they laughed, still running around.

Finally, all four Shadowhunters fell onto the couch in a heap – the Lightwood brothers on the side and Will and Jem squashed in the middle.

"That Gray girl needs to be punished. Think we can get our fan girls to do something?" Will asked.

"Fan girls? More like fanged girls. Yesterday, one tried to tear my clothes off. With her teeth," Gabriel scowled. Will barked out laughter, but a frown quickly settled in his features.

"She needs to know the order around this school. Who does she think she is?" Will said, crossing his arms.

"William, don't," Jem warned. "It's going to end badly. You know that." Will ignored Jem, thinking of ways to get her back.

"Hey, she's in my English Lit class…" Will pondered. "Gabriel, think you can hook me up with some glue? And feathers?"

"Oh, grow up, Will," Jem said, shoving a pillow in Will's face. "Glue and feathers? Can you be more of a five year old?"

"Fine. Gabriel, think you can hook me up with gasoline and fire?" Will asked sarcastically. Jem elbowed Will's ribs as hard as he could. "Ow! James, stop it!"

"You're really stupid, you know that William?" Jem asked, standing up before slamming another pillow in his face.

"Why in the name of the Angel are you so defensive? You weren't like this when we got Fredrick expelled," Will said, throwing the couch pillow across the room.

Jem sighed heavily. "It was wrong and it was a horrible mistake. And his name wasn't Fredrick, William. It was Felix, and you know that."

"Whatever, James," Will said, dismissing it with a wave of his hand. "My point is that you didn't care when Finn got expelled, but why do you care when this girl does?"

"It's Felix," Jem said, turning around to get a drink from the bar. He poured himself a glass of water and chugged it down. Will walked closer to his friend.

"Why do you care now?" Will whispered.

"Because I feel guilty!" Jem shouted, shoving Will away. Will was shocked. "You drove me to my breaking point, Will. You are my brother, and I love you, but there are things I

cannot stand for. People fear my name when they speak it in the hallways. It's like I'm freaking Voldemort."

"As they should, James!" Will retorted. "We're the Shadowhunters. We're better than them."

Jem shook his head as Gabriel and Gideon watched in silence. "Will, just stop. You are not like this. What happened to you? My brother? The one that was kind? I've had enough of

watching you destroy yourself for the past three years." Jem shoved Will as hard as he could, causing Will to stumble back. "Three years, William!" Jem shouted.

"James… James, I'm sorry," Will apologized, looking at his feet. Jem exhaled.

"You know what I hate about you, William?" Jem asked.

"What?" Will said, looking back up.

"I can never hate you for long."

Will pulled Jem into a hug, calming his racing heart. "You guys are like bipolar teenage girls in their time of month, you know?" Gabriel said.