𝒔𝒊𝒙 , sweet sixteen

Start from the beginning

"No, I don't." Alaric snaps.

"Did you see how she got here?" Dorian asks the two. They both shake their heads, glancing back at Jo.

She stumbles over her words. "I was sort of, um, yanked awake and then I was just here."

Katherine laughs. "Yeah, nothing suspicious about that."

Jo looks at the Valentine vampire. "Kit-Kat, hi." She hums. Katherine tenses up at the name.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Dorian asks.

"Kill her now before she attacks?"

"I eat her before she can hurt anybody?"

Jo's eyes widen. "Wait, what?"

Dorian looks at Alaric. "I-I... I was more, Let's interrogate her. Because if she's the next monster, then maybe she would know more than the dryad did."

Alaric looks at Dorian, thinking over what he said. Sighing, "Okay, but no one sees her. Especially today." He says.

"Good idea." Katherine adds. "We need Emma." She whispers.

Alaric turns. "And you need to leave." He says to Katherine.

"Excuse me?"

"You being missing while the students are decorating is suspicious enough."

Katherine purses her lips. "True." She mumbles. "But shouldn't I be here to help-"

Alaric turns Katherine around by her shoulders. "Go, now." He orders.

Jo watches Alaric push Katherine out the door. "Don't miss me too much!" She waves before leaving.

Alaric sighs in clear annoyance, turning back to Dorian and Jo. "She's just like I remember." Jo hums softly. "Did you two get together?"

Alaric's eyes widen. "No!" He hisses. "That's...gross." He scrunches up his nose at the mere thought. "She's a student of mine now."

"Student? But why?"

"Because she needed a routine and this is it."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Katherine sits on a chair, watching everyone decorate. "I said fuchsia, not magenta!" She scolds.

Penelope Park walks over to her friend. "You're very demanding today." She coos.

Katherine looks over at the witch for a moment. "I never got a sweet sixteen. I was busy killing witches that used magic without a mans direction. Giving Josie and Lizzie what I never had is exactly what I intend to do." She explains. "Even if I have to be as picky as Caroline Forbes to do it."

Penelope nods. "So, you and Josie are close, huh?" She asks. Katherine stands, walking towards a table where test foods sat.

"We're friends, yes." Katherine takes a cracker, dipping it in some sour of sour cream and onion dip, and tossing it in her mouth. "Not that it's concerns you."