Part 4: Where in the World Is.....?

"I mean you could" says Kristen

"No I fucking can't" I reply

"You actually can, you just won't"

"Yea because I could lose my damn job, Kris!"

"But you'd at least have a man"

*Insert eye roll.

I wouldn't technically have a man. I would just get another opportunity to talk to Panty Dro-----I mean Mr. Thompson..... I mean......Nathaniel......I mean... Well, damn you know who I mean by now. *Sigh. Kristen thinks it simple. I have all of Nathaniel's contact info and hotel reservation details from his call. She thinks I should just call him like I freaking know him. I think that's too forward.

"Forward, Ken? Really? Forward was gawking at him at Barnes & Noble as you were sniffing his cologne and drooling over how fine he was. Forward was writing your number on the back of deposit slip, giving it to him with a winking eye then walking away. I think it's safe to say we are much beyond forward and that you officially have no tact.....or maybe even morals, at that"

Biiiiiiiihhhhhhh.
I guess I was pretty forward the last time I saw him but hell, I was "shooting my shot", remember. Now I know he probably has a girlfriend. I mean he did make a hotel room reservation downtown around the holidays. ONE BED. Ugh. Whoever she is is one lucky bitch. He even made sure the hotel had room service, free wi-fi, and 400 thread count sheets. Sheeeez. He's probably the type to even pop champagne like they do in the rap videos. The most romantic thing a guy has ever done for me was buy me a six-pack of wine coolers before he came over to Netflix and Chill (using my damn Netflix password!smh). Yea, he's probably one of the good ones. But guys like that don't even give women like me a second glance. Damn, I bet his girl is an Instagram model or something.

"Gimme a toot, toot. Now give me a beep, beep."It's like an episode of car karaoke. Except its night time, we are two black girls (instead of a celebrity and the English white guy), and we're in my 98 Toyota Corolla with one of the windows halfway down (not my choice, it got stuck this summer).

"Running her hands through my fro, bouncing on 24s.....It's the remix to ignition. Hot and fresh out the ki------"

"Ken, that's our turn. Right there!" shouts Kristen.

"Oh dang" I whisper as we pull into the hotel parking lot.

Shall I catch you up?.....Mmmmmm, let's see. Kristen is a psychopath who has convinced me it's a good idea to see/meet Nathaniel at his hotel check-in. I'm the even bigger psycho who agreed to participate in such stalker-foolery. GUITLY AS FUCKING CHARGED. Hence, we are on our way to said hotel to spy, stalk, or whatever else you wanna call it.

"C'mon, don't you at least wanna know what she looks like? Aren't you even the least bit curious? Girl you betta go get your man! Ken, it might be destiny" These and about two other arguments (who am I kidding? She had me at "what she looks like") were persuasive enough for me to dig through my closet and find a red trench coat and grab my shades 20 mins ago and head out the door to Wyatt Inn and Suites- Downtown Charlotte, NC.

"Carmen-fucking San Diego.... You know that's who you who like right?"

"Shut up", I reply

"I have no clue what possessed you to put on a bright red trench coat, Kendra. I mean we're supposed to be incognito---- not looking like a damn firefighter--- or better yet the actual fire."

"I like it. It matches my red Chucks" I proudly say as I click my heels in the hotel parking lot.
According to the hotel reservation, Nathaniel planned to check in about 7pm. It is now 6:38pm. I would tell you about our plan but the thing is---- we didn't really have one. This was as far as our non- plan had gotten. So there we were in the hotel lobby (both in trench coats and sunglasses.... At night... looking like hotel bandits). Like at any moment, we were gonna pull out guns and say "gimme all the good little shampoos and conditioners! Oh and put some towels in the bag too." *Sigh