For a confident girl it took you a while to muster up the courage to talk to him. But today is the day you will. You sighed, got up and walked over to the pair.

You watched as Iwaizumi gulp down water, a bead of sweat dribbling from his forehead down to his shirt before disappearing.

Well, here goes everything. You tapped his shoulder before you could second guess yourself and he span around to you. He coughed, choking on his water. Not having expected you to have approached him.

After putting his water down and recollecting himself he spoke up. "Hello Maiha-san, were you looking for Oikawa? He's over there."

He pointed to Oikawa. You turned to look at Oikawa accepting some cookies from a fan girl before turning back to Iwaizumi.

Was it really that hard for him to believe you wanted to talk to him? You furrowed your eyebrows before smiling lightly.

"No actually, I came to talk to you." The brown haired boy raised an eyebrow. Wanting to reassure him that it was in fact him you wanted to talk to you blurted out, "I just wanted to say you did great! Even though I only came at the end I saw your spike and I couldn't take my eyes off you."

Your mind registered what you just said and you internally groaned. Were you moving to fast? Your not even friends, you've only had a couple short conversations with him that have consisted of 'Hello's' and 'How was your days?' what if he thought you were weird?

You were to busy berating yourself to see Iwaizumi beam at your compliment.

"Thanks! That means a lot coming from you." He said. You smiled brighter up at him, maybe you were just overthinking.

"I was actually wondering-" before he could even continue what he was saying, he was cut off by Oikawa.

Damn him and his timing.

"[Y/n]-channn I heard that! Why don't you ever say nice stuff to me after my games?" Oikawa whined.

I sighed and faced him, smiling brightly. "Tooru! I was just about to say some nice things to you too!"

He perked up from his pouting state and waited for me to continue. "Hmm let's see, so many things to say, but I'll keep it sweet and simple. You did.." He grinned. "awful."  Oikawa sulked and this time it was your turn to grin.

"You and Iwa-chan are just alike, so rude!" He muttered, crossing his arms and turning his head to the side.

"What could I say, I like seeing you suffer." You said, Iwaizumi chuckling behind you.

You patted him on the shoulder. "Awh lighten up you know I was only teasing."

"Hmph!" He pretended not to hear me, turning his head even further to the right.

Iwaizumi walked up to him and turned him away from us by the shoulders before lightly pushing him away.

"Go throw your tantrum somewhere else loserkawa."
Iwaizumi turned back to you. A faint "Don't call me that!" was heard in the background but not acknowledged by either of you.

"What were you gonna ask me Iwaizumi?" You asked, feeling hopeful. What if he's going to ask you out? Nah lol, too soon. Not that you'd say no though.

"I was gonna ask if you wanted to walk home together even though Oikawa's not walking with us today." He said nervously, scratching the back of his head.

Usually when Oikawa wants to stay back to practice you don't walk home together, but since you've made the decision to start a conversation with him, he made it his goal to drag it out as much as possible.

You grinned. He may not have been asking you out but this is nice too. "Yeah of course!" Iwaizumi smiled back at you.

"But..." you started, "Want to practice a bit? I could set to you a few times if you want?"

This was the most he's ever actually talked to you. He's surprised you'd actually want to hang out with him this much.

"Sure I'd like that." He said quietly.

You and Iwaizumi practiced for a bit. You have to admit part of the reason you asked him to train with you is so that you could just see his spikes a few more times. Another part of you just wanting to spend more time with him.

Both of you were out of breath after 45 minutes of training with each other. His hands were on his knees as he panted.

"Wanna get going?" You asked pointing to the door.

"Yah we should change first then we could go." He replied.

You gave him a thumbs up and ran to the girls locker room. Good thing you always bring 2 changes of clothes.

You changed into grey sweatpants and threw on one of your aobajosai hoodies. You jogged out to see Iwaizumi waiting for you in black sweatpants and the aobajosai windbreaker.

"Come on let's go." He smiled tilting his head to the exit.