𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚: Rescue & a Cursed One

"Elsa! Elsa! Wake up, please!" Anna begged, shaking Elsa to try and wake her up.

Elsa's eyes fluttered and she moaned. "What is it, Anna?" She asked.

Anna choked as everything she wanted to say all got tangled up in her throat. When the words finally came out they were a rushed blur.

"Whoa, whoa, Anna. Slow down." Elsa said, brushing strands of hair off her face and squinting at the bright sunlight coming through the large window to her room. "I can't hear a word you're saying."

Anna took a deep breath. "King Charlie was lying about Braedey. He's not going to throw him into prison. He's going to kill him."

Elsa's aquamarine eyes immediately flew open. "What!?"

"He just lied about it, because he didn't want to get you or anyone else overly upset." Anna explained.

Sitting up, Elsa rubbed her forehead and frowned hard. "Who told you that?"

"I was in the stable, about to ride Freya, when I heard some of Charlie's guards talking about it. But there's more. Remember in the story we read that Braedey burned down part of his brother's kingdom? Well, the soldiers said that Charlie did it himself to frame Braedey and take suspicion off of himself."

Elsa gasped. "That filthy snake!" She shoved herself out of bed and started to pace the room, thinking hard.

Anna grabbed her sister's arm and spoke up again. "Someone's got to go after Charlie and get Braedey away from him before he's killed. The soldiers said that Charlie might even kill Braedey on the way back!"

Elsa stopped her pacing and turned to stare at Anna. "What do you mean, go after Charlie? Did he... did he already leave?" She asked.

"Yes." Anna replied reluctantly.

Without another word, Elsa stormed towards the door. "He's not going to get away with this." She said through gritted teeth.

"Where are you going?" Anna kept up with her.
"I'm going after Charlie." Elsa replied sharply.
"How many guards are you taking?"
"None."
"Wait, what?"

"None of them believed my story last night, and I doubt any of them will believe this one either." Elsa snorted. "One of them had the nerve to say that Braedey had captured me spellbound with his good looks, and that I was simply feeling sorry for him."

Anna rushed to keep up with her sister. "Well, he is pretty nice looking."

"Mere looks cannot sway me! My men should know that!" Elsa fumed. She felt silent as she passed by two guards on her way out of the castle doors.

"My queen, is something wrong?" One of them ventured to ask.

"I'm fine." Elsa replied coldly without looking back. She opened the front doors to the stable and headed straight to her new horse Snow Flurry's stall.

"Maybe we should get Kristoff before we go." Anna suggested worriedly as she watched Elsa saddle her horse.

"Where is he?" Elsa asked.

"Out getting ice." Anna replied.

"It's too late for that. If Braedey's life depends on me making it to him in time, I mustn't waste any of it." Elsa stated, getting comfortable on her saddle.

"You mean 'we', right?" Anna asked.

"No." Elsa paused in her mad hurrying to brush Anna lightly on the shoulder. "I can't have you go with me. It's too dangerous."