𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚: A Book of Poems

Several weeks into March, Elsa finally found time to have a snowball fight with her sister and friends. The battle could have lasted several seconds, but Elsa did her best to hold herself back, and Kristoff and Sven held out stubbornly. Sven managed to eat almost every snowball she even threw at him, and Kristoff refused to let ten pounds of snowballs that had found their target weigh him down. He continued pelting Anna, Olaf, and Elsa with snowballs. Elsa tried to take control of his snowballs, but her power was limited to snow and ice that she created herself, not anything that was formed naturally. But while Kristoff was stubborn, Elsa was even more so. After thirty more minutes Kristoff admitted defeat, and together they all set off towards the castle for an early dinner, followed by several guards who had accompanied Elsa.

"Why did they have to come?" Anna asked, despite herself.

"Sir Magnus, my father's head guardsman, thinks I should have guards around me at all times. For safety purposes, just in case. After all, there was an attempt on my life back when..." Elsa trailed off, her fingers clenching tight.

Anna knew Elsa was thinking back to the time when she'd been attacked inside her ice castle. Even though she was of royal blood as well, Anna never felt afraid whenever she went outside of the castle without the guards. Kristoff, Sven, and Olaf's presence made her feel safe. Things must change when you're ruler of a kingdom, and you've known what it's like to have someone point a crossbow straight at your head. Shuddering at the thought of her beloved sister being killed by cruel, thoughtless men, Anna slipped her arm around her sister.

Elsa smiled and hugged Anna back. Sometimes it still felt strange to be doing such things with her sister after all those years of isolation. But they were over now.

~*~*~

That evening, Elsa relaxed with Anna and the rest of her friends as they waited for their food to arrive

That evening, Elsa relaxed with Anna and the rest of her friends as they waited for their food to arrive. As several servants scurried around with the appetizer dishes, a man came into the room with a large silver platter upon which rested a delicious, beautifully cooked pheasant in a bed of herbs and spices.

"For you, Queen Elsa." The man said, placing it in front of her with a bow. "This is your huntsman Orion's first catch. He wishes that you be the first to try it."

Smiling with pleasant surprise, Elsa delicately cut up a piece and placed it in her mouth. As soon as she did so, her eyes glowed. "It's delicious. Absolutely delicious." She declared. "Orion has done well... and also whoever cooked this. They did a perfect job."

"That was also Orion, your Majesty. He insisted on cooking this pheasant himself." The man added.

Elsa's eyebrows raised. "Well, give him thanks from me. Actually... I'll tell him myself, after the meal."

"As you wish, your Majesty." The man bowed, then left the room swiftly.

"Can I try some?" Anna pipped up.