Chapter 14

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Assalamualeykum/heyy guys. This is the last chapter for this year :) I wish u all an amazing and beneficial upcoming year. Peace and love you all :)

*******

Beep, Beep, Beep. I turned around and slammed my alarm clock off. After a minute my senses came to me and I jumped out of bed. I overslept! I decided to wear my navy blue abaya today with a printed navy blue hijab. Thank God mommy had already packed my lunch for me. I only had enough time to eat a toast and gobble down a glass of milk before pulling on my backpack and running out. It wasn't raining today but it was quite foggy and the remains of rain was quite evident. The half-dead grass were all muddy and the atmosphere was so gloomy. I didn't meet Maryam on the way to school meaning I was really late. So I decided run the rest of the way despite my cramps.

When I arrived the school, the bell had just rung so I had made it just in time. Today's topic was on electricity and how electrons work in a circuit. Ms.Foster made us do a short lab which required us to make a circuit using a couple of wires and mini light bulbs. Avalon and I went to our stations and started building. We finished pretty quickly and when Ms.Foster came to check up on us, she said we did well.

In gym class, I quickly changed into my gym clothes and joined the rest on the floor of the gymnasium for Mrs.Jayce to take attendance. After we headed to Gym C for our oh-so-lovely 10 minute warm-up. When the beat in the background started playing, we all started running. After a few minutes, I was feeling light headed but I didn't think much of it. Just then Hillary bumped into me and since I was feeling light headed, I failed to control my posture and fell to the floor bringing Hillary down with me. How embarrassing! Laila and Anna stopped running and started giggling.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry Hillary" Anna said trying to fake a sorry look.

Did they do this on purpose? Some had stopped to see what had happened but Mrs.Jayce yelled saying,

"Keep running! I'm sure they're fine."

Just then a pair of strong arms picked me up from the back and placed me back on my feet. I didn't have to look back to see who it was by the envious look on Laila's face.

"Are you alright Aisha?" Abraham asked me.

Maryam looked at us with a worried expression.

"I'm fine really. Just don't touch me next time Abraham; its against my beliefs."

Abraham nodded and proceeded running.

"Pushups!" Mr.Tutty bellowed.

I took the chance to ask Hillary what happened.

"I dont know why but Anna came out of nowhere and forcefully bumped into me."

My assumption was right.

After the warm-up, Mrs.Jayce said that she will be marking us today on how well we now our skills and moves in basketball. We played a good match until it was time to hit the change room and go for lunch. The three of us went to our favourite table located at the back of the cafeteria. Mom had packed me a veal burger. I had only taken a few bites until my cramps had decided to come back. Maybe I'm too sensitive and overreacting but when my stomach hurts, there is no way I'm eating. So for the rest of lunch I sat sipping on a bottle of orange juice listening to Hillary's interesting story.

"So yesterday my aunt came back from UK and she had the weirdest accent. I mean she wasnt there for too long but she somehow inherited their British accent."