Chapter 6

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Assalamualeykum/heyy everyone,

I'm sorry for the delay. Initially I was suppose to update yesterday but something happened to my laptop.

Anyways if you enjoy the book so far please do vote and comment as I love reading them :)

_________________________________

AISHA'S POV

Maryam came over after school to work on the geography assignment. Well atleast that was our initial plan. But instead we ended up playing video games and fooling around.

"You have such a nice things Aisha. Hey let me give you a make over."

And suddenly I had blue eye lids, bloody red lips, pink cheeks and black eyeliner on my eyes.

"So what do you think?" Maryam asked adding the final touch ups to my face.

"Umm... I look like a clown!".

And then we broke into a fit of laughter. The athan from the athan clock came on and we prayed Asr together. Minutes later my brother came in without knocking. Ugh. How many times did I have to tell him to knock?

"Aisha moms call-". He stopped mid sentence when he saw Maryam sitting there.

"Oh I didn't know you had company." And with that he backed out of my room.

"I'll be right back." I told Maryam and went to go see what Sulaiman wanted to tell me.

"Who is she?" Asked Sulaiman.

"That's Maryam, the girl who I was telling you about. She's my new best friend and she's so nice." I said smiling,

"Alhamdulillah. thats good to hear." Said Sulaiman. "Mom asked you to come downstairs."

"Okay i'll be right down." And I make my way down the stairs, immediately I am welcomed with delicious aromas of food. Mom is making my favourite meal. Fried fish with french fries along with salad.

"Yes Mom."

"Oh habibti, how's your project coming along?' She asked smirking at me. She knew me too well and that I wasn't being as productive as I should be.

"Umm... It's coming along. Besides its not due until next month." I smiled sheepishly.

"Okay, ask Maryam is she wants to stay for dinner. She seems like such a nice girl."

"Sure!"

Dinner that evening was delicious and fun. It turned out that Mom and Maryam got along with each other really well and mom was so pleased to hear that Maryam can cook.

"Aisha did you hear that? Maryam can cook and it took her only a couple of months for her to learn. And you? Y'Allah! I've been trying to teach you how to cook for the last years and everytime you manage to run away. How on earth are you supposed to get married if all you can cook is cereal!" Mommy said throwing her hands to her head. Sometimes mom can be so dramatic.

Maryam and Sulaiman laughed while dad just smiled at me. Other than me getting scowled at it was fun. Before I knew it, it was time to call it a day.

*****

The sunlight shone into my bedroom illuminating everything that crossed its path. I yawned, read my waking up supplication and got up. Today was Saturday and I had to get ready to go to class. I had Islamic classes on the weekends. I know I'm being kind of hard on myself as the weekends are the only days in which i can relax but I know I should also learn about my faith and know why I'm a Muslim as faith cannot be blind. I mean if i have time to learn about math, science, etc. surely I can study Islam right? I slid on my abaya and a white hijab as this was our uniform. Uniform? Yeah we have uniforms but I don't mind. in fact, I think we look quite nice and united all dressed the same way.