2

twice - the best thing i ever did
┊ ⇄ ◁◁ II ▷▷ ↻ ┊

"UH, MIND IF WE SIT WITH YOU?"

"huh? oh, sure."

when kou and y/n arrived at the cafeteria, kou noticed his fellow classmates sitting nearby, the boy named yugi amane and the girl yashiro nene, who were in deep conversation. so, kou decided to ask y/n if they could sit with them.

of course, y/n agreed.

"you're ninamoto kou, right? and y/n l/n?" amane asked. The pair nodded.

y/n noticed that yashiro was quietly staring at her, or rather, admiring her. her h/c hair, her glowing e/c eyes, and her s/c skin, and- everything about y/n really, seemed to inspire yashiro.

"uh, nene-san, is there a problem? is there something on my face?" y/n asked, wiping her face with a towel she brought.

"n-nothing! you just look so... pretty..." she complimented, looking awed.

y/n, however, looked bewildered. "me? pretty? nah, i think you're prettier." she said.

yashiro eyes sparkled in delight. "really? thank you!" she smiled.

amane and kou were also talking, and y/n decided to ask a question she had been meaning to ask kou.

"hey, kou," y/n called.

"hm? yeah, y/n?"

"earlier, when you came into the school, why and how were you soaking wet when you had an umbrella?" she asked, looking at him.

kou looked away, embarassed. "er, it's not a real umbrella, it's just a cover for my raiteijou...  it's a tool for exorcism i got on my birthday a few years ago! i just don't like showing it off too much." he said.

"mm, okay." y/n shrugged, then continued to eat her bento.

they had their lunch in silence,

ringgg

"we could go to class together, if you like." amane suggested.

"ah, i have history next." y/n said.

"math. dang." amane groaned.

"arts." kou said.

"ooh! I also have history! let's go together, y/n-chan!" yashiro said.

"okay, let's go. bye guys, see you later." y/n waved to the boys, and so did yashiro. the boys waved back, and soon, they were out of sight.

"see you," amane said, walking to his classroom. kou did the same.

✧◉•

it had been a few weeks ever since the first day, and the four were getting along pretty quickly.

ringgg

"hey y/n!" kou called out.

"oh, hey kou! what's up?"

"i was just wondering if..."

"if?"

"if... we could walk home together... with amane and yashiro?" he asked sheepishly.

"well, of course! i'll just get my bag, and then i'm good to go." she said, packing her stuff in her bag and picking it up, strapping it behind her back.

"okay! where's amane and yashiro?"

"they should be here by now..."

they waited silently.

"yo, y/n! kou!" amane called.

"there you are. ready to go?" kou asked.

"yep!" yashiro beamed.

"great. let's go!"

they walked home in silence.

"sooo... you guys done with the science project?" amane asked.

"i'm nowhere near done. i've always hated science ever since... forever." y/n sighed.

"aw, don't worry y/n! i can always teach you the basi- hey, whAT ARE YOU GUYS SMILING ABOUT?" kou glared at the other pair.

"nothing~" yashiro said. kou and y/n just shrugged it off, and kou was talking to y/n about their lesson from earlier.

amane was whispering something to yashiro, and y/n heard amane say something like 'oblivious' and 'like each other', and yashiro giggled.

y/n knew where this was going, and she definitely did not like it.

so, in her defense, she turned to the pair and said, "you say that we're oblivious, but look at yourselves." she said, smirking. the pair blushed deeply and inched away from each other.

"see? you're not even denying it!" y/n called out, her smirk getting wider. The pair didn't say anything.

meanwhile, kou was confused. "What do you mean, y/n?"

y/n turned to the boy. "nothing, just dealing with oblivious people..." she said, her smirk never leaving her face. kou, who was still confused, shrugged it off and went on walking.

eventually, y/n got to her own home ( she has the closest house to the school ), so she said her goodbyes and went inside.

✧◉•

"hey, y/n!"

"yeah, kou?"

"come on for a sec, i wanna tell- amane, what are you smirking about?"

these oblivious people... i swear- amane shook off the thought and turned to them. "nothing~" he said, still smirking and went to find yashiro. The other two were still confused.

"so, what were you gonna say?" y/n turned to kou.

"oh, i was wondering if..." he muttered the rest to himself.

"huh? i didn't really catch that."

"uh, iwaswonderingificouldtutoryousinceyouwerefailingscience." he said a, a blush slightly covering his face.

y/n processed what he said for a moment, before saying, "i still don't get it. just tell me Kou."

kou sighed. "i was wondering if i could tutor you in science, since you were failing on that subject..." he looked  away, still blushing.

y/n's mouth made an 'o' shape, and nodded and said, "sure! when?"

kou looked up to her. "anytime you want."

"okay, friday after school? my place." y/n said.

"no no, let's just have it at my place, my parents aren't home and my siblings are kinda busy with exorcism training." kou said.

"okay! see you later!" y/n smiled, then walked away. kou flashed a small smile.

hope it goes well... he thought before going to his class, the faint sound of rain ringing his ears.

pitter patter

pitter patter

✧◉•

sorry for the short updates, things aren't really working out at our place. but i'll still try to update frequently.