Chapter 20- Two Hearts

Start from the beginning

"No!" I shouted I was almost offended he could think such a thing. " That's the thing I do still feel the same but its like I'm splitting in two cause I think I am falling in love with Colten too."

"Your Soul?" he asked

I nodded "Yes. Today I went over to his realm and I saw him. It was different. He was different. He didn't look the same and I could touch him. I could actually feel his touch. I felt the same way I do when Eli touches me. There was something special about it, something different."

Ezra looked at me wide eyed. "I don't know Addi I have never heard any stories about this. I didn't even know you can cross realms and be able to see him as a solid person. What does he say about it?"

"I didn't ask I just left. But he has been telling me that we are gonna fall in love and we are gonna be together. He is never very clear about it. What I don't get is how can I love two people so strongly this way. I mean its not complete yet, but it will be I can feel it Ezra. What am I supposed to do when that happens?" I felt like I wanted to cry I could feel the tingling in my eyes but no tears were going to come. My throat was closing getting ready for the sobs. "I would have to chose Ezra. It doesn't make sense at all! Why is this happening!" I know I was yelling at him like he had all the answers and he had to give them to me. But he was as lost as me. What was wrong with the world. I could remember what Colten said about the vision; he was heartbroken when it was just a vision for the past two hundred years. As little time as he has been around I still cared about hurting him. Only now the thing was it would hurt me as well. I didn't want to see him go, now that he was here I didn't want to be without him.

"Addi I think you should speak to him see what he says about you guys, how this is supposed to work. Eli is like a brother to me but I don't know what the future holds for you two. Only one person does and you are the only one who can speak to him."

I guess he was right. But I didn't plan on having a future without Eli either. Ezra was right though we didn't know what the future holds for any of us.

"Addi I need to speak to you." I heard Colten say in my head.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Tell Ezra there is only a few more weeks to prepare. I don't know the exact day yet but there are events in place that means the day is coming."

Ezra stood there looking around like he expected to see Colten standing there talking to me, I didn't even see him.

"Ezra, Colten said the time is coming near. It will only be a few more weeks. He said he doesn't have an exact date but he sees certain things I guess that lead up to the event."

"Tell him I will try to narrow it down for him, but it may take a little bit."

"He said he will try to narrow it down but I will take a little bit." I repeated to Ezra.

He nodded "Ok I'll go and leave you two to talk." Ezra said as he turned around to head back to the house.

"No! Wait" Colten shouted in my head.

"Colten no need to shout!" I yelled at him.

"Sorry, but I did need to tell both of you something else. Brook. She's jealous and convinced you two are keeping something. When you get home she will be ready to accuse you two of seeing each other and so on. But if you listen to me things wont turn out too bad and she will believe you."

Great Brook I never thought about her getting jealous. That explains the look she had when I asked to speak to Ezra. I don't know why I didn't think of this I knew how Brook was. She hated secrets and if she thought this was going on she would want to tear my head off. Not that she could now.

"Its Brook, Ezra. She thinks we are seeing each other or something is going on. He said if we listen to him she will believe us."

"Ok well what do we do?" Ezra sighed.

Me and Ezra followed Colten's instructions and told Brook I was having some vampire conflicts and didn't want Eli to know. I mean it wasn't a lie cause clearly I was. I just didn't specify as to what the problem was. I know it seemed unfair but when the time was right she would know, not that she would understand.

Later I took Ezra's advice and headed off to talk to Colten about how this was supposed to work. I didn't go all the way out to the woods this time I stayed close enough to home to be there in a minute if I was unhappy with the conversation. What I thought was odd was that I never really saw any other souls besides Colten. If u was supposed to be some high and mighty Soul Seer how come I have only seen two souls?

"Colten?" I say out loud hoping he will show himself.

"I'm here." he says as he comes into existence.

My mind is still stunned when I see him. He still has his glow and I can't touch him but I just feel overwhelmed by his presence.

"We need to talk." I tell him

"I know." his whole persona has changed. the way he looks at me. it's the way I looked before. I can see his yearn to touch my face again. His voice is so soft and patient as he stares at me and waits for me to say what I need to.

"Well first I wanted to know how come I don't see any other souls besides you and that other guy I saw that one time?"

He laughed "Because they don't really come to this realm, unless they are body possessors. Which they would only do for entertainment purposes. You know we have a battle to prepare for too. Don't worry we will be there, its like our duty. All souls are connected in the other realm, they all have some kind of feeling for you but not the same as mine. I was chosen to connect with you because me and you would have the strongest bond. With the others you will be more of a friend in passing. If you die they will mourn you until you cross over. Then they will rejoice. After the battle you will encounter more of them I wont be the only one guiding you. This is how it is always is with the Soul Seers."

"What about the being together thing?"

He walked closer to me and reached to touch my face but his hand passed right through. His expression was pained and yet somehow it pained me as well.

"Some do end up with the Soul they connect with. They cross realms. The others are just close friends. I haven't seen where the Seer has already had love and loves the Soul as well. There is so few Soul Seer's no one really knows what to expect. Each one of us unique."

That made sense. You couldn't really know how it worked if there was only four other Soul Seers before me. Each situation different than the other. Only question now was where would ours lead?

"Colten how do you see this whole things working? I know you know how I feel between you and Eli. Eli was there firsts and I can't stop loving him, its not possible. But I cant help how I'm feeling now for you though."

"I know its not possible for you to stop loving him. But to tell the truth I don't know how it will turn out. I have been trying to see it for years but there is something unrecognizable about that part of the future. Something my mind doesn't understand so it cant show it to me. All I see is you crying and screaming. But its not how I see my usual visions they are just pictures. Unmoving pictures. I'm sorry Addi I don't know the answer to how this will turn out. All I can tell you is what I wish could happen."

Unmoving pictures. Ok that made no sense. So I was stuck to see what happened for myself. This could be disastrous.

"And what is that?" I asked quietly. He was bothered, no worried I could tell he didn't know what to do about any of this mess.

"For you to come stay with me in my realm. But I cant see it happening. I cant see anything. Lately my visions are so limited I cant even see the battle but I know its coming. I know I cant ask you to do that though. You have a life here, a life you love. You even changed yourself so you could stay with the people you are with now and I cant ask you to even consider taking that away."

He was right he couldn't but I couldn't help but think of it. My mind did what it wanted now I had no control sometimes. I had two hearts that wanted to go in two different directions to satisfy Eli and Colten both. I only had one body though so one heart would have to be broken and forgotten to make this work. It was just a matter of which one.