Chapter 25- Purpose

Chapter 25 – Purpose

I felt like my entire purpose was gone. I dropped to my knees and leaned over his body to cry into my hands. I didn’t care what was happening with the battle. I did my part and in return Eli was dead.

“I’m so sorry Addi.” Colten said as he stood over Eli’s body.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I begged.

“Addi I didn’t know. I swear. I would never want you to hurt like this. Never.” He said as he kneeled down next to me.

His glow started to turn silver. He looked down at himself and understanding started across his face.

“Addi, I think I understand now.”

I didn’t really care, I just wanted to be left alone in my sorrow.

“Addi know why I couldn’t see past today! We can fix this, but we have to hurry before his soul crosses realms.”

“What?” I said through what I wished was tears.

“Addi just do what I say. We can save him.”

“Colten, how?” I know it was dumb to question saving the love of my life, but I needed to understand.

He sighed, frustrated. “Okay. This hardly ever….almost never happens, but I was right. We are going to be together. The only way to save him is if I get our souls to combine as one in his body, before his soul leaves his body. But we can only do it while I have this silver glow. Get his head and bring it to the body.”

I wasn’t fully comprehending what he was saying, but I listened to hat he told me to do.

I hesitated at picking up Eli’s lifeless head and fought to keep it together. I placed it perfectly to the rest of his body and looked at Colten. He smiled at me like a man who was given a second chance.

“I’ll see you on the other side.” He said.

Colten stepped over Eli’s body and then let himself fall back. Instead of falling through him I watch as his soul fused right into Eli’s body. It twitched for a second and then Eli’s entire body started to glow silver and almost instantly went gold.

I stepped back afraid of what was happening to Eli and Colten. The glow started to close starting with his feet and slowly made its way up his body. All I could do was stare, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. This glow came to his neck and took its time sealing his skin back together. I watched as it pulled him back together like it  was reattaching pieces of fabric. When it reached his hair and completely disappeared the color had changed, he now had platinum blonde roots and dirty blonde tips.

Once I saw the glow was gone I slowly walked back over to Eli’s body. His chest started to move up and down. There weren’t words in this world to explain how this moment felt. It was just completely wonderful.

His eyes started to flutter open and they were two different colors, one was Eli’s and one Colten’s.  Both eyes lightened up in enjoyment as they stared into mine.

“It worked.” He whispered.

I shook my head and wrapped my arms around him. “Yes! Yes it did!”

“It worked! I cant believe it! Oh my God” He swung me around. “I cant believe this is possible. “

“I know.” I sniffled

“We both kind of have the same thoughts, and I can see the future again.”

“So how does it work?” I asked.