Chapter 4: Don't Go

Start from the beginning

Inigo: You know... I've decided that I'm tired of waiting.

A strange look came into his eyes, sending a shiver down my spine. He crept even closer to me, and I kept backtracking, until I found myself against a wall. Inigo placed one of his hands on the wall to block off my escape.

I let out an almost silent whimper, hoping the ground could swallow me up. What could I do now?

--Y/N POV--
I entered Chrom's tent, where I found him conversing with Robin on plans for the next battle. I signaled to him.

Chrom: Yes, Y/N? What is it?

Y/N: Sorry, but would it be okay if I spoke to you for a moment outside? It's kind of important...

Chrom: Sure!

He followed me outside, where I turned around and looked him in the eye.

Y/N: Chrom... I-I came to you to ask for your... b-blessing...

His eyes widened as I took out the box to show him the ring.

Y/N: I'm planning on proposing to Lucina today...

He smiled, and started to tear up a bit.

Chrom: What can I say, Y/N? I know for a fact that she loves you with all her heart.

He looked at me determinedly, and nodded.

Chrom: I give you my blessing to marry Lucina.

I grinned, and shook his hand.

Y/N: Thank you.

Chrom: No, thank you for allowing me to see my daughter be happy. 

With that, he walked back into the tent, leaving me to pump my fists in the air. Yes!! I was good to go!

I knew that I would never be able to wait until tomorrow, or even tonight. I had to propose now,  before I exploded.

I ran off to our tent, but stopped dead when I saw Lucina cornered by a figure. There was a look of fear in her eyes that ignited a spark within me. Above all, I had to protect her. 

I walked over to the person, and placed a hand on their shoulder.

Y/N: Excuse me.

The person turned around, revealing it to be Inigo, wiping the grin off his face.

Lucina: Y/N!

Y/N: Inigo, what are you trying to do?

Inigo: Uhh, n-nothing! I-I'll be off!

He ran away in a hurry, obviously scared of me for whatever reason. Lucina knocked the wind out of me as she caught me in a hug.

Lucina: Thank you Y/N... I don't know what he would've done if you hadn't been there...

I returned the hug, smiling into her hair.

Y/N: It was nothing, Lucina...

She separated from the embrace to stare at me in a playful way.

Lucina: You know, you've been acting a bit strange recently. Anything behind that?

I flushed red. Now was the time...

Y/N: Actually, there is a little thing...

She looked at me questioningly, holding one of my hands. I fumbled in my pocket and brought out the small box. Her eyes widened and she gasped.

I got down on one knee, and opened the box, showing the gleaming ring.

Y/N: Lucina... will you marry me?