Chills

Author POV

Whispers followed the mates as they walked to class hand in hand, Hobi's raw cinnamon had now joined Yoongi's leather scent and Jungkook's tobacco forming a thick blanket of suffocating scents, they would protect Tae. The threatening scents a clear message for everyone to steer clear of the 3 alphas and the omega. 

Hoseok left once the other three boys were inside their homeroom. Tae stood at the front of the class searching for a seat, he couldn't help but notice the new faces that were sitting in class, only a few familiar faces surrounding him. The omega gripped Jungkook's hand tighter, he was more nervous than before, hardly noticing how welcoming everyone's scent was.

"Welcome back Taehyung." His alpha classmates greeted  in unison with kind smiles painted all across the classroom.

Jungkook squeezed Tae's hand lightly, smiled at the omega and nodded letting him know this was ok.

"Oh um, t-thank you." The omega stammered then bowed taken completely by surprise, his anxiety dissipating and now sharing his boxy smile with his classmates, earning a couple of coos from his peers who in turn were glared at by Jungkook.

"There was backlash from a lot of alphas after your gender was revealed to the school", Yoongi began. "But so many alphas were excited to see this change on campus, requests from plenty were made to join you in class. Alphas you see in class today are in search of the same future as you Tae, may it be for their mothers, fathers, sisters, or mates; they want a better future for omegas. Everyone here is by choice on suppressants just like you. An equal society begins when both parties take the same measures to protect one another from misfortunes."

"Word spread around fast in our community and other courageous omegas are being screened to be let into this school", Jungkook chimed in. "And it's all because they heard of a brave omega that against all odds managed to beat his alpha peers' scores, and stood up for what he believed in" Jungkook grinned forcing the corners of his eyes to wrinkle "you inspired others Taehyung." The pride he felt this very moment for who his mate was, couldn't possibly be compared to anything else.

Tae felt safe in here, like he could truly be himself, he didn't need to hide a single part of him to be accepted. These proud alphas looked at him the same way they saw each other, they were taking suppressant to protect Tae and themselves from instincts. If Tae were to go into an unprecedented heat they wouldn't pounce on him, instead they would have control of all their senses and help him to Jin's office. He looked to the floor, the feeling of his eyes burning all too familiar, but he didn't want to show all these strong alphas his weak side so soon. Jungkook hugged the star struck omega while Yoongi took his hand and squeezed.

"It's alright to cry Tae", Yoongi reassured. "No one in here will judge you, we're all the same here." Alphas hummed in accordance.

A few minutes had passed and alphas were buzzing with questions for Tae ranging from his childhood hopes and dreams to what his thoughts were on the fight between Jungkook and Hoseok. The way Tae felt in this class was the same way he wanted all omegas to feel, put into a single word would simply be 'welcome'. He wanted all omegas to feel welcome.

"Ah so i see my star student is back?" The professor spoke trying to hold back a smile though failing miserably.

Tae bowed at him, "thank you for not switching into another class."

"And what? Miss my name being mentioned in a history text book sometime in the future? Not a chance Kim Taehyung."

Class began and all was calm, the students were focused on the lesson plan.

Two weeks went by this way, everything was smooth sailing in their class Jungkook, Yoongi, and Tae were joined by Hoseok every lunch inside their classroom. They noticed more and more that the whispers surrounding them weren't necessarily negative, but sprung out of curious alphas. There was of course crude remarks regarding Tae, but that didn't affect him as much as it used to.

-

The announcement of a new omega student joining them soon excited Tae, he would have someone in school he could relate to, but the return of Bogum grew closer and the anxiety in Tae began creating chaos in his mind once again.

-

Tae had been visiting Jin in his office regularly, they were both trying to understand how the omega's pheromones worked, how they were released, if they could be controlled, and if there was more types of pheromones Taehyung could emit. In the beginning, Tae could only release repelling pheromones if his bad memories were triggered, through fear. He couldn't control how much he released or at what frequency so in turn he would have to take medication to control them once he released. As time passed he could control how much was released and how far. Jin also found Tae could release dangerous pheromones, ones that would cause alphas to attack each other, anger triggered this chemical reaction. He tested it out in the Kim residence after classes and not before informing Tae's parents of just how special their son was. The omega's parents of course had no objections, Tae could potentially save himself from another alpha like Bogum. This home was specifically chosen since no one other than volunteers picked would suffer the effects of Tae's pheromones, Jungkook and Namjoon were the only test subjects.

The brothers would naturally never collide or come near any sort of argument, Jungkook respected his eldest brother too much to ever fight with him and Namjoom was the most nonviolent true alpha Jin had come across. For these tests both true alphas had to be placed in chains, to avoid any real harm be done to each other. This was very different from fear based pheromones, that would only weaken alphas and bring them to their knees immediately. Anger based had three phases. When Tae released anger based pheromones Jungkook would lash out first, cursing at his older brother degrading him and his choice of mate. Joon usually remained composed during the first phase, during the second stage he would slightly lose himself growling and pulling at the chains focusing only on his younger brother. Jungkook would have already lost himself by this time becoming a full blown wolf ready to murder the alpha in front of him. During the third state the oldest and the youngest would be acting the same, both in wolf form thrashing wildly trying to escape the chains to go at each others throats. Tae was causing the brothers to dissociate from their human forms, it was well known that true alphas can lose control of their wolves if rage consumes them, but to be forced to disconnect from their humans through hormones was unheard of. Tae could hold the answers to many scientific questions and theses, but he could also be a danger to those around him.

These tests continued, fear and anger the only emotions Tae could release pheromomes upon thus far. Tae was thankful to Jin for helping him understand his body more, and for taking the time to assist Tae with controlling the chemicals his body released. The beta however was a little weary, he worried for Tae, what would happen to him if another emotion like lust triggered pheromones they were unaware of? Any reason in alphas would be lost, no amount of medication could save the omega if that were to happen. Yoongi wouldn't be able to save Tae if Jungkook lost himself to the pheromones too.

-

Another Monday morning had come Tae, Yoongi, Hobi, and Jungkook were on their way to class when Tae got a subtle hint of pomegranate, his body automatically turned to search for the owner of the scent. There stood Bogum some feet away smiling at other alphas, looking up when he smelled Tae near by. His grin had vanished when he sensed Tae but reappeared once their eyes met, sending chills through the omega's entire body. The smile from his dream flashed in his head, his body yearned for that alpha but not because of attraction. Tae's body wanted to hurt Jungkook.

-----------

Insight on how pheromones work here 😊

Ateez member coming soon 🍓&🍷