15 - "Star Gazing"

He never thought he'd ever befriend with Lucas—but here they were, sitting on the bench, outside of the farmhouse, talking, as they waited for their individual girlfriends.

Zay was busy talking to Farkle about his girl problems about his crush, Vanessa... again, Farkle didn't mind though.

Soon, Riley and Maya walked out of the farmhouse getting Pappy Joe's attention as he took off his hat.

"Whoa. Gentlemen, look how lucky you are. You treat 'em right," He tells him, mostly referring to Lucas and Elliott.

"Thank you, Pappy Joe," Riley smiled as Maya closed the door. They sat down on the bench beside their boyfriends. "I see why you get homesick for Texas sometimes, Lucas. I never knew that the sky had this many stars."

Lucas turned to her and smiled.

Maya glanced from Elliott to Lucas. "So, I see you two are finally getting along,"

They both nodded and said, "Yep." The girls looked at each other in shock, hearing them both talk at the same time.

Elliott clearers his throat. "Hey, um, it's our first night in Texas what should we do?"

"I've been reading about Austin and they call it a music city. They call it the live music capital of the world," Farkle informed, looking at his friends.

Zay nodded in agreement. "That's absolutely what we should do. Show them the town and listen to some music.

"Yeah, anyone good playing tonight?" Lucas asked his Pappy Joe as he turned around with a big smile.

"If I was a young buck trying to impress girl and friends, I might suggest Chubby's Famous Barbecue Pit. Always good eats, always good music," Pappy Joe proposed.

"But barbecue foods aren't good for you," Farkle argued.

Pappy Joe stares at Farkle. The others shuffled away from Farkle as Pappy Joe rises from his rocking chair and steps forward. "You're not going to do anything to me because you know I'm a New York intellectual and you don't want to be a cliche." Farkle smiled proudly.

The others glanced between Farkle to Pappy Joe. "Lucas, fetch me my shotgun." He instructed with a serious expression. They watch Lucas turn around about to go get it.

Farkle's eyes widen in shock as he turned to Lucas—calling out his name—and stopping him from getting the gun.

——

His friends looked at him in shock. "While I understand barbecue is not your thing, Farkle, you do seem to have found a new appreciation for our hometown cuisine," Zay said.

There was barbecue sauce all over Farkle's face. He stilled looked hungry as let out, "More." He stared around the pile of rib bones in front of him.

"Easy, cowboy. You need to calm down," Lucas reminds him

Farkle turned to Lucas, his eyes widen. "Oh, I have to calm down? They make a big deal out of your riding a bull for four seconds. Well, I ate him."

The music was playing as people started line dancing. Lucas offered Riley to danced and she agreed. They get up and go to the dance floor.

Elliott never thought he'd have this much fun in Texas. He was glad he decided to go with the others at the last minute. A smile was on his face, as Maya scoots her chair closer to his, and places her head on his shoulder.

He never got up—letting her rest for a while—glancing at Riley dancing with Lucas, occasionally, just to keep an eye on him.

It's not like he didn't trust him. He did, but she was still his sister and he wanted to be ready to protect her.

——

The night was almost over - which meant they'd be heading back to New York in the morning.

They were just coming back from sitting around the campfire and getting ready to call it a night.

Elliott was sitting outside—on the bench—strumming his guitar, mumbling words to a song. He usually does this when he couldn't fall asleep because it would help him relax.

It takes his mind off things.

He would just write a quick song or sing one he already knew the lyrics to. He let out a sigh of frustration for forgetting a lyric when he realized somebody was watching him.

He looked up and sighed in relief when it was just Maya.

He put his guitar away and out of sight.

"Hey, what are you still doing up?" He asked, turning to look at her, watching her sit down beside him.

"Oh—I couldn't fall asleep," Technically she wasn't lying, she couldn't fall asleep. But she was also lying because she was also looking for him, too. Maya didn't want to admit it though.

She didn't want to seem like a stalker—dating or not—she thought it would've been weird; looking for him at almost midnight, and she didn't want to explain herself or end up waking up the others.

Elliott nodded and looked away. "Oh," He didn't mean to sound disappointed. It soon became silent. Maya looked at him as if she was trying to read him but couldn't. He sighed, "Do you maybe want to go for a walk? We could do a little star gazing?"

She felt her lips turn into a smile as she stood up, "Sure."

——
Don't forget to comment and vote. What did you think about this chapter? Let me know your thoughts!

902 Words