09 - "Cheese soufflé!"

"Help me," Riley frowned, sitting in the bay window.

"I got nothing," Maya responded nonchalantly.

Elliott sat in the middle between the two girls, looking between them and asked, "What happened?"

Maya ignores him and said, "This one's a doozy."

Cory knocks on the door as he enters the room with Topanga beside him. "You've been in here six hours."

"We don't hear anything talking," Topanga added.

"They won't tell me what happened," Elliott told his parents, gesturing to the two girls beside him.

"The bay window's broken," Riley responded.

"What happened?" Elliott asked again.

"I got asked to the Semi-Formal," Riley finally replied.

"Oh, Lucas got around to it?" Topanga asked.

"No, Lucas assumed we were going," Riley explained. "I got asked by Charlie."

"Gardner?" Cory questioned. "I like him. Little quiet, so far."

Elliott furrowed his eyes brow in confusion. "Who's Charlie Gardner? Can I hurt him for asking Riley to the dance when I don't even know him?"

Maya looked at her boyfriend and sighed, "No."

"So, why aren't you dressed?" Topanga asked Riley.

"Because I kind of made up a story and said I couldn't go," Riley answered.

"And Lucas overheard and now Sally's in a pickle!" Maya said in a funny accent, which Elliott found adorable.

"What is that? What're doing?" Elliott smiled confused.

"I'm never stopping. Cheese soufflé!" Maya smiled.

"Listen, Riley... I'm disappointed you felt you had to make up a story," Cory said as he sat down.

"What's wrong with Charlie Gardner?" Topanga asked.

"Besides, that I don't know him?" Elliott chimed in.

"Nothing. It's just, he's kind of—" Riley trailed off.

"Swell!" Maya interrupted.

"I just had this vision in my head about how the semi-formal was supposed to go. How Lucas would ask, the dress I would wear, the corsage he would give me," Riley explained.

"Riley didn't do anything wrong," Maya informed.

"No?" Topanga questioned.

"No. I think she's just... confused about how she feels," Maya told Topanga.

"How am I supposed to feel, Maya?" Riley asked. "I like Lucas, don't I? You were me. How did I feel when you were me? What are me and Lucas?"

Maya paused before speaking, "Just tell me what to say."

"You know something. Tell me," Riley tells her.

"Go to the dance," Elliott told his sister.

He also knew that Maya knew something but he actually knew what it is, so he tried changing the subject. He figured out and confronted Maya, but she wanted to keep it a secret.

Riley looked at her brother confused. "I can't. They're gonna punish me."

"Go to the dance," Topanga tells her.

"They're not gonna punish me," Riley said confused.

"Actually... we kind of are," Cory informed.