𝙑𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙤

Comenzar desde el principio

Joanne had sternly spoken to Liam that he needed to get to bed and stop the hanging around and whining that he wished that it was Saturday already. Liam didn't really agree, but he had finally gone to his room and she had wished him goodnight while he was curled up in bed. She was tired as well, feeling a gentle headache pounding in the back of her skull. She was easily fatigued lately and Joanne was happy that there was no form of work for her over the summer, making it easier to relax and rest properly. Joanne took an aspirin before she went to bed as well. Meanwhile in the parallel universe, Charles felt the same. His nights had been short this week and he couldn't wait to get away from Monte Carlo just for a couple days. He was leaving his work phone at home and he swore he would shoot somebody if they dared to disturb his holiday with Joanne and the kids. The night from Friday to Saturday was another short one and Charles was glad Annemarie could occupy the kids if she needed to.

Charles was barely properly dressed when Joanne brought Liam to his place, however he was happy to see her when the door opened and Liam and Joanne got inside. "Hey, buddy". Charles reached down to Liam who smiled up at him. "Annemarie has some chocolate milk ready in the kitchen, why don't you join Jules there?". He asked and Liam nodded in great excitement, leaving his bag in the hallway. Joanne chuckled and he couldn't believe how beautiful she looked in the olive green pencil skirt and the off-shoulder top she was wearing. "Hi, darling". He muttered, his hands reaching out for her. "I haven't brushed my teeth yet". Charles admitted when her hands slipped up his chest and spread out the material of his white shirt. Joanne didn't protest when he leaned further down anyway, capturing her lips in a soft kiss. He looked ridiciously handsome in the lazy joggers and white shirt he was wearing, his hair still messy from sleeping.

"Busy week?". She hummed, her hand cupping his cheek as she looked into his tired eyes. "Yeah, too busy". Charles let out a breathy laugh. "Hey, if I need to take the kids to my place, I don't mind to cancel my-...". He shook his head. "No, absolutely not. It's fine, they're great to have around. I have some paper work to do and then I'm off for the rest of the day". Charles smiled at her. "Alright". Joanne replied. "Stay for dinner?". He asked as he gazed into her eyes. "Of course". Joanne said and he nodded contently. "I'll get going now". Joanne announced and he pressed another kiss to her lips. "Have fun". Charles walked with her to the door and he lazily grinned at her when she made her way to her car, waving at him before she left. Joanne got into her car and drove off the drive way, getting to the main road that would lead her to the city center. She looked forward to have a shopping day with Francesca. Joanne had an idea about what she wanted to shop and she could use some advice from her friend on the items.

It was one of many sunny days in Monte Carlo and Joanne had pushed her sunglasses over her eyes when she searched for a spot to park at the city center. Because it was relatively early in the morning, they would go for a brunch before they would start their shopping day. Joanne parked her car and reached for her shoulder bag on the passenger's seat to get out. Like the previous time, her friend was already seated on the terrace of the restaurant and she waved at Joanne when she saw her approaching her. "Hey, Joanne". She smiled, reaching for a hug and Joanne smiled back at Francesca. "How's everything? Any news on the guy you've been seeing lately?". Francesca asked. "For sure". Joanne grinned, their conversation pausing briefly as a waiter moved by their table to take their orders. "So, about Charles". Joanne started, drumming her nails on the table before continuing. "I don't really know where to start, everything's great". She laughed.

"Ahw, I love that". Francesca cooed, leaning her head in her hands as she looked at her friend. "Honestly, Jo. You look so great too. Like, the happiness is just visible". She added. "We've been dating for quite a while now and we've build up such a great relationship in all aspects. He's so great with the kids". Joanne sighed, then telling Francesca about what he had arranged for Liam's birthday. "And next week we're visiting one of his friends in Australia. The couple's wedding is then and he wants to stay a couple days more to have some time off". Francesca's mouth fell open and she smiled at Joanne next. "Does it ever stop?". The Italian teased. "I'm moving in with him after that". The friends squealed at the same time after what Joanne said. "Who are you and what have you done with Joanne "I don't need a man" Hinds?". They laughed now. Their orders were served and they chatted more while they ate their brunch. "Joanne, I got to ask". Francesca sighed. "I mean, he's so good to you". She continued. 

"You're asking if he does well in bed?". Joanne glanced over at her friend with her eyebrows raised. "Spill the tea, sis". Francesca put her cutlery down. "He is". Joanne laughed softly. "And his physique is... Amazing". Joanne sat back in her chair. "He's like, fuck, marry, kill at the same time". Francesca nearly screamed and what her friend said. "To continue on that by the way, at the wedding party we'll have a night alone in the rented apartment, because the kids will be occupied by a complete kids party schedule. I thought of surprising him with some pretty lingerie". Joanne said. "Or am I too old for that?". She gnawed at her bottom lip. Francesca shook her head. "Oh, no. You're never too old for pretty underwear. I think he's a man who will appreciate it. A lot". Francesca wiggled her eyebrows. "I don't know, a part of me feels like that's something you do when you're eighteen and on the other side, it can be exciting". She doubted softly.

"I would just do it. Who can resist a pretty woman in a gorgeous, lace set?". Francesca shrugged. "You're doing this, Joanne". She decided next. "Get up, let's shop at Victoria's Secret". The girls paid for the bill and made their ways to get to their first destination.

       Joanne looked at herself in the mirror, wearing the bright red set of underwear. Everything about the set was pretty, however she felt slightly awkward as the colour was such an eyecatcher. "Miss, how are you liking it?". The woman who was helping her asked her gently from outside of the fitting room. "I'm not sure". Joanne replied, gnawing at her bottom lip as she turned around in front of the mirror. "It's the colour". She heard Francesca say. "Yeah, it's the colour". Joanne said and opened the curtain of the fitting room. "It does look killer, Jo". Francesca cocked her head sideways as she looked at the set. "But I don't feel as confident as I should while wearing red". Joanne shook her head. "What colours does your lover prefer to see on you? Does that give you the confidence you need?". The sales woman asked. "He likes blue on me, but I'll be wearing purple to the event next week". Joanne replied. "I'll go find something in blue or purple". She smiled at Joanne before walking into the store again.

It didn't take long before she returned with a couple more sets. Joanne thanked her kindly and took the purple one from the hangers, returning the red set. She stepped into the panties and adjust the bra. Joanne immediately liked the colour on her darker skin, loving the way the purple looked on her. The lace was slightly shiny under the lights, the ribbons cute on the sides. "I love this". Joanne said, opening the curtain as she remained in the fitting room. The lady briefly checked if the bra fitted her well. "I'll take this". She said right away. "You don't want to fit another one?". Francesca chuckled and Joanne shook her head. "No, this is what I want". She smiled. "Alright, I'll return the other sets". The sales woman smiled politely and took the sets with her to get them back into the store. Francesca smiled at her friend. "It's great to see you like this. I think he'll love this". She said. "I think he will". Joanne blushed slightly. "Maybe this gives him an idea to spoil you with gorgeous underwear in the future". Francesca sighed.

"I want a boyfriend like him". She decided afterwards, making Joanne laugh. "It's a dream, I have to admit". Joanne said. "How encouraging". Francesca chuckled.

        It was finally Monday morning and Charles drove his car onto Joanne's porch. He had taken the Land Rover, which had enough space for their luggage in the trunk. Jules hopped out of the car as Charles walked with him to the front door, not having to press onto the bell as Liam already opened. "Finally!". The boy yelled and excitedly jumped to hug his friend. "Joanne?". Charles called into the hallway. "Up here!". She replied and he shook his head as he saw her struggling with the suitcase. It wasn't that large, but taking a suitcase downstairs could be quite heavy. Charles took it from her and put it on the floor in the hall. "Good morning, babe". He grinned down at her and kissed her lips to greet her. "You wouldn't know what Liam's favourite subject was last night". She laughed. "Let me guess, going to Australia?". Charles chuckled. Joanne briefly checked if they really had everything they needed and then she closed the door behind her, twisting the key in the lock to get going.

The boys were already seated in the car, impatient to drive to the airport. "Dad, hurry up!". Jules cheered when Charles put the luggage of Liam and Joanne in the trunk. "The jet doesn't leave until we get there, buddy, don't worry". Charles closed the trunk and got into the car behind the wheel. "I can't stop smiling". Joanne giggled when Charles drove away from her house and they set course to the airport, where his jet was ready for them. "You look beautiful when you smile, Joanne, so I don't mind". He said as he looked over at her, making her smile even more. Their fingers entwined and he pressed a kiss to the back of her hand. "Let's have an amazing time the upcoming week". Charles said. She nodded in response, looking at the boys in the backseat and then back at her entwined hands. Charles and the kids was all she needed.