Chapter 10

"Hey Kian?" I say quietly.

The two of us have been awake for only a few minutes and have found our ways into each other's arms already.

"Yeah?" He looks down at me and raises his eyebrows.

"Would you want to have more kids?" I ask quickly, scared that if I don't go ahead and spit it out that I'll never ask.

"Of course! You know that," he tells me. A confused look takes over his face.

"No I know you do," I say, tracing my fingers in loops down his bare chest. "But I meant like soon...like now."

Silence falls between the two of us and it becomes a staring game between Kian and I. His eyes are masked and they never waver from mine. The more he takes time to think about this, the less likely he'll say yes to me.

This state down continues as I basically plead him with my eyes.

He blinks. "You want another kid...like now?" Shock is now a prominent emotion on his face.

"Well...yeah. I do," I smile at him, the thought of having another kid exciting me.

Kian nods before leaning in to kiss my forehead. With my head against his chest, I hear every single beat of his heart. It's a little fast right now, probably from my question.

I think about my question.

Could we have another kid? I would love to, but could I handle it?

I love Kian more than anything else in the world. He has been a high point and always will be. But when we had Christopher, after the first two months he was gone for three weeks. While I had tons of help available from Audrey, I didn't want to rely on her so that left me taking care of our first child basically by myself. I was fine with it because I fully understand and support his career and his dreams. I would never want anything to hold him back from what he wants. It was hard, mostly because I had no clue what I was doing, but with a little guidance from Audrey I handled everything just fine.

I know a second child would be more to take care of, but since I have a little experience under my belt now, I am sure I can handle it.

"Well if you're ready for another baby then I am," Kian says. He grins down at me before connecting our lips again. "Tonight?"

This is really happening. He wants another child. I feel an incredible amount of joy when I nod my head at him.

*****
"Kian! Do you really think I know how to do this?" I squeal, grabbing the side rail of the ice rink and holding on for dear life.

"I don't know how to either!" He says as he skates backwards so he can face me.

"Yeah, so you say as you skate without holding on to the side rail...backwards!" I move a few inches on the ice by using my arms to pull me forward.

"Here hold my hands and I'll pull you," he tells me, holding his arms out to me.

"You are totally going cheesy date on me, Lawley," I tease, taking a risk by taking one of my hands off of the rail and reaching out to grab his. I let out a small yelp as I do so, scared of falling on the ice.

"You totally like it, Lawley," he retorts, reaching for my other hand.

"No my hand is perfectly fine right here!" I tell him when he tries to grab the one on the rail.

"Maddie! Come on just give me your hand! I'll make sure you won't fall, babe," Kian coaxes, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Alright but if I fall, I'm bringing you down with me," I warn. I slowly take my hand off of the rail before grasping Kian's hand.

"See? Not so bad!" Kian starts to move backwards, pulling me forwards. My balance is truly awful and I feel like I have no control of where these skates go as they spread out wards. "Turn your feet in a little and you will go straight."

I follow the orders Kian gives me, and surely enough, I start going straight, my feet staying in line.

"There you go! Now let go of my hands!" Kian tells me, smiling.

"Hell no! Don't even try to let go of me Kian!"

"Okay, okay. Don't worry, I've got you," he replies, laughing at me as he pulls me along.

Eventually, I do let go of Kian's hands and I skate all on my own. I fall down a few times but nevertheless, I am enjoying the activity. Even with Kian's mocking when I fall on my ass, I still laugh.

*****

"Alright one more before we go get a snack, okay?" Kian says, pointing to the slope ahead of us.

"Sounds good!" I tell him, pushing off of the top of the slope with my ski poles and heading down the hill.

Today we have done about seven different slopes so far and the two of us are having an absolute blast. Each slope has gotten harder but as the difficulty goes up, so does the fun.

After we went ice skating, we went on a cross country ski trail which was actually a lot of fun. It was a little hard for me at first to figure out how to stay balanced on my skis when not going downhill, but I got the hang of it. Then Kian and I ate our lunch before taking on the ski slopes for today.

On the ski lift before this slope, Kian and I took a few selfies together. Some of them were actually hilarious and my favorite was the one where I licked him. Yes, I licked his cheek.

As I maneuver the varying shapes of the slope, the smile on my face is unfaltering. This is one of the best trips Kian and I have ever gone on, and I would love to do it again sometime after this trip.

I look to my left and see Kian skiing a few yards away from me. He's smiling to and I watch as he uses one of his poles to help him turn around a bump on the trail.

When I turn back to look in front of me, a few seconds is all I get before everything blurs and blackness takes over as pain causes me to pass out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh oh... O.o

I wonder what happened?

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE BABIESSSSSSS

thank you for all the support this past year and the year before! It has been one hell of a year and I couldn't be more excited!

I can't wait for what awaits in 2015!

Everyone I hope you all stay safe in your celebrations and have a wonderful night!

xox -Delilah