chapter three

Despite earning the nickname, 'mr

Despite earning the nickname, 'mr. fully capable' at his firm, Mark knows that if any of his colleagues were to see him now, then he'd never be able to live all the teasing down- especially since he can hear Donghyuck's snarky remarks as if the boy was whispering in his ear as oppose to screaming at Mark to hurry up.

"Has our city boy never been on a bike before?" He taunts from the front of their group, practically gliding down the cycle route, his hair blowing in the wind as he throws his head back to laugh.

With Mark beginning to lean like the tower of Piza- rocking shakily from side to side as he pedals, Jaemin drops back so that he's by the boy's side, offering him a comforting smile that does absolutely nothing to help, "Hey, you alright?"

"Uh.." Mark sucks in a sharp breath as he jerks to his right, which causes Jaemin to reach out with one hand and with what Mark admires as impeccable balance, grabs a hold of Mark's handle bars to help steady him so that they can ride in sync, "I haven't done this in... well, since I was really young- I can't remember the last time I was on a bike"

"That's fine" Jaemin reassures, "We'll just take it slow, we're almost there anyway"

Nodding, Mark draws his gaze back to the dirt track in front of them, a line of sturdy trees with their branches full shielding them from the quiet country road as they laugh and call to each other- well apart from Mark who is fearing for his life. But amongst it all, Mark admires greatly how Jeno and Jisung show off with a couple of tricks as they race on ahead, the other boys cheering with words of encouragement and praise.

With the cloudless sky stretched out above them and the summer- infused breeze carrying the lyrical aroma of sweet tulips and freesias, Mark allows himself to relax, taking in a deep breath to try and immerse himself within such an idyllic setting.

The city was all black suits and concrete buildings- never this... he can't remember the last time he felt this at ease, despite his hands sweating off of his handlebars. Maybe he was beginning to understand what Mr Na had meant.

"And we're here~" Chenle sings as in the near distance Mark can make out what looks like a little cluster of cottages before them, the houses and shops looking so quaint as they lay crouched amongst the wildflowers and tall grass blades.

As they near the small village, Jeno gives them the signal to dismount, all seven of them stopping gradually and Mark can't help but smile once his feet are firmly back on the ground.

"See..." Jaemin smiles, turning to Mark with bright eyes, "Wasn't too far"

Before Mark can retort, Chenle and Jisung are screeching excitedly, running off to Mark's left towards a cluster of painted signs hung outside one of the shop windows, not leaving any room for explanations, and when Mark turns to the rest of the boys Donghyuck is giving them all a salute before he wonders over to 'Flora's' whose door was painted a brilliant red with flowers around the frame.