Prologue

"I pledge allegiance, to the leader, of the United Society of Afzha. My life will be forever dedicated to serve Yin and his successors. May Dianhe always watch over me for as long as I live in the service of my beloved country. If I fail, and dishonor this pledge and my country, I curse my soul to the deepest depths of Borxem's dreaded Hell. Amen."

Millions of soldiers repeated the memorized speech without a second thought as one. Their rigid posture and synchronized marching added to the incredible vision of a powerful and, above all, disciplined, army. With a final bow to their sacred leader, the men concluded the extended ceremony and left. This would be the last time many of them saw their families ever again.

Anore, the beloved son of Yin had been murdered by a member of the royal palace just days before. The neighboring country on the neighboring continent of the neighboring ocean, Lijh, was suspected to be behind the attack. Having mastered the art of genetic mutation for enhanced manipulation, Lijh was their biggest threat. War with been brewing for a while, and the whole country had been preparing for it. Everyone agreed that the country was finally ready to fight.

Fight for freedom.

Fight for pride.

Fight to win. And they were confident they had the soldiers to do it.